ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Searching by Size - can this be done?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Searching by Size - can this be done?
    Posted: 08-June-2008 at 7:00pm
I'm running v3.11 with apparel add-on.  I've searched the archives and can't find anything, so I'll apologize in advance if this has already be covered.

I have a clothing store for men and women's fashions.  I would like to offer an option to let someone search a particular category for a particular size. For instance, a man might search "Suits" for everything I have in stock in a size "42r". 

Can this be done?  I've looked into custom-search fields, but this seesm to apply only to the parent product.  My approach would require looking at the sub-product level, returning everything that meets that size.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Paul

worldofrugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-June-2008 at 11:34am
Paul,
Have you ever figured it out?
I also have the apparel add-on and also would like to be able to search by size or color.

paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2008 at 3:56pm
No - I haven't figured out anything yet - was hoping to build on work someone else already did - will have to dust off my code books look into doing this myself - surprised someone hasn't already developed an approach, as this could really enhance the customer's experience w/ the storefront.
tekcetera View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tekcetera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-June-2008 at 6:08pm
Guys,

I wrote some code that you guys should be able to resuse with minor modifications.

Let me know if you are still in the hunt for code that will let you do size & color searching.
paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-June-2008 at 4:11pm
Thanks.  I'd be interested in seeing what you've developed.  Do you have an active site that employs the changes?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-June-2008 at 9:56am
Same here, very interested Thumbs%20Up 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 3:13pm
Still no one who has figured it out and can help us out with this?
Within our rug industry, our users mainly search by size and/or color, so this would be so great to have!
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 4:48pm
I believe you will love the biggest new feature that we will be introducing in ProductCart version 3.5. That is: unlimited custom search fields that can be associated with not just products, but also categories, thus allowing "drill-down" navigation within a category (e.g. show me all the persian rugs that are 6' x 9' under $1,000). A new code snippet that you can add to your interface will dynamically load the applicable filters for the category.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 4:53pm
I can NOT wait till version 3.5 comes out!!
This prob. will solve my issue / grant my wish...

Is kissing the monitor allowed in this forum? Embarrassed

Thanks so much EI!!!
paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 5:09pm
Will this also work for sub-products using the Apparel Add On?  For instance, can someone search all categories for all products that have a sub-product in a size medium with stock levels of 1 or more?  (hope so) 

What's the expected release date of 3.5?

thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic