ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Searching by Size - can this be done?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 5:17pm
I assumed that is the case as Paul described?
(did I kiss that monitor to fast??)

paul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 5:32pm
I also "think" that's the case, but since PC's documentation always differentiates between products and sub-products, I thought it best to double check.  Really crossing my fingers as this will be a HUGE improvement.
worldofrugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 5:58pm
Could not agree more that it would be huge!!
Hope IE replies Wink
For those interested to see our shop:
http://www.worldofrugs.com/shop/pc/home.asp
(work in progress!!)
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-August-2008 at 1:38am
Originally posted by paul paul wrote:

Will this also work for sub-products using the Apparel Add On?  For instance, can someone search all categories for all products that have a sub-product in a size medium with stock levels of 1 or more?  (hope so) 

What's the expected release date of 3.5?

thanks.

Not through the custom search fields, which would be set at the Parent Product level. However, this is an interesting search feature as well and a separate widget could be developed to allow for this. We'll look into it when we have time, but I honestly doubt that this would happen before the release of version 3.5

The challenge here is definitely performance. It's definitely not easy to implement as it might appear as searching the database in real time (querying all sub-products) to come up with correct real time values is not an option. It would create a huge performance issue on stores with thousands of sub-products. On the other side, if you don't do a real-time check, you could end up with a very large number of options to choose from, many of which could lead to empty searches.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
benpate View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benpate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2008 at 1:19am
Are you talking about a search feature like on the left nav of this page http://www.allkitchencarts.com/Microwave-Carts-with-Condiment-Spice-Caddy-C113818.html or something with checkboxes like the sub header on this page http://www.netshops.com/kitchen/kitchenaccents/wineracks/decorativewineracks/1691+1700.cfm

??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic