ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Security Warning Message

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Security Warning Message
    Posted: 20-April-2008 at 1:10pm
I don't think there is anything wrong with product cart, I just like to understand why I'm getting these.  I've been getting them since I installed the Anti Spam fix effecting the two files issued with it.  Below is what I'm getting.  Any insights?
Katharina

Store administrator,
Someone has attempted to log into the store more than  times. User
information is:

xxxxxx

If you believe this to be an authorized user that is attacking your store
in an attempt to gain unauthorized entry, you may want to contact your Web
hosting company and have them block the IP address.

Edited by katharina - 21-April-2008 at 10:26am
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2008 at 2:01pm
A script is trying to use the form to send SPAM. The code that you added to the store has a built-in e-mail alert to the store administrator. This allows you - if you want/can do so - to block the IP address of the offending party from being allowed to visit your store (this is something that you would do in IIS).
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2008 at 2:22pm
The only foreign one I can find in that long listing is 69.210.118.86 
That one is ATT internet services.  I worry that I would block any ATT dialup user.  The other ip address is the service provider webhost4life, which I use.  That's makes it so puzzling, and that's why I've posted it.  What I also see is our security certificate from Comodo.  That is a clickable link on the bottom of all our pages.  Do you think that this is causing it?  Meaning someone goes to the page contact.asp, click on the certificate, and causes the script alert ?
Katharina
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2008 at 4:01pm
There could be a bug in what information is included in the e-mail. We are looking into it.
The ProductCart Team

Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2008 at 6:21am
We have updated the code a bit and re-posted to the Just In section of the ProductCart Support Center.
The ProductCart Team

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic