ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sending Email and Google Apps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shevapippo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-December-2011 at 4:45pm
Actually it is still not working!! I use ASMPX, my clients get order confirmation (which means it is working) but I dont' get anything, no notification of registration of new client, no new order email, nothing. I tried using the same email in the from field  that i use in the smtp for gmail but no success. I have tried all possible combination (Cso, Cdosys ), I went back using goddady's smtp, nothing! HELP!
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-December-2011 at 7:03pm
Check your email account at Google and make sure that it is set as a "catchall" mailbox. That way anything@youremailaddress.com will get to you.

Alan
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-December-2011 at 9:58am
Hi Gianluca,
  I think the fundamental issue is.... GoDaddy. It works fine for some peole, but for many it's just not good enough. Server setups and support seem inconsistant and are often at the heart of problems. Many have switched away from GoDaddy as the money saved from using cheap hosting is more than offset by the time wasted chasing problems and waiting for support and usually with poorer performing servers, due to them being run close to maxed out with loads of other sites.
Having a well performing website which is stable & reliable is good for your customers, SEO & blood pressure :-)

Whilst there is nothing really special required to host ProductCart I know many have chosen to switch to hosting with smaller companies who specialize in hosting/supporting ProductCart. They cost a bit more, but the servers are generally more lightly loaded and you get support from someone who understands the application. We are forever getting tickets when the issue is hosting related, but very very rarely see them from the better hosts.
Many of our resellers also provide good quality hosting (see http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/partners-dev.asp ) and some also are very active on this forum.

As one of them likes to say (and I agree) "friends don't let friends host at GoDaddy".
Of course YMMV with GoDaddy :-)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic