FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SEO-404 Handler

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
caughlan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caughlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SEO-404 Handler
    Posted: 18-November-2008 at 3:56pm
Do you have this attached to your 'continue shopping' button?

javascript:history.go(-1)

It should take you to the previous page regardless of the url
stymie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stymie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2008 at 6:22pm
I recently performed the 404 handler procedure, and everything went well except for one problem. If you add something to the shopping cart, from your shopping cart if you hit continue shopping it should go back the the category you were last looking at. Instead it is going all the way back to our products page. I am sure because it is looking for it dynamically instead of statically. How can we fix that? It will kill a lot of orders if people have to start all over to find what they were looking for. Your help is greatly appreciated...
mrindian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2008 at 4:42pm
Is it possible or a easy code change to get the SKU added to the product url?

fyi: Since changing my productcart directory to a strong key word, I've increase my google ranks from #7-9 to #2-3 on most items. (I sell one brand of antique motorcycle parts) and hopefully with the keyword urls I can get to #1-2. But the sku would help since most customers will comparison shop with the sku.

Thanks!
_popupControl();
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-November-2008 at 4:11am
No HTML files are generated. The URL is different, but the files are the same. There is a bit of extra server processing that happens when the URL is interpreted (the product or category ID are extracted from the URL). However, the amount of server processing should be negligible and have no effect on your store.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
mrindian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrindian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2008 at 8:48pm
Hello,

I just upgraded tonight to ver 3.5 and added the SEO 404 handler to my website.

My question: So whenever anyone enters my store now, they will always be seeing the .html pages for all the inventory?

Or do the dynamic .asp pages ever show?

Does it matter which shows?

Since so much html is being generated if its for every product a html page is generated is this placing a much higher load on the server?

Does it really work to have the seo friendly url's generated in these html files?

Thanks for helping to clear a few questions.

I'm trying to determine if it's going to be too big a load on my server.

Thanks,
Gary Stark
_popupControl();
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic