ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Seperate login and register page -Not done before?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seperate login and register page -Not done before?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seperate login and register page -Not done before?
    Posted: 19-August-2008 at 4:49pm
Has anyone done this and would it be simple to do?

Currently a  new user is directed to the login screen where they can select  to create a new account...
I like to separate this process by doing the following:

Login --> keep the same as it is (going to custPref.asp)

Register new account --> instead of typing in the email address, then going to a new page (login.asp?lmode=2), I like to go directly to this second page, as they already have to fill in their email there anyhow....
So short said:
To register, I will get one form where the user enters all their data at once. This will reduce the register process with one step while making it a little more clear to the user...

To give an example look at Tiger Direct...
The login page
The register page

Anyone done this?

Edited by worldofrugs - 22-August-2008 at 12:37pm
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 2:47pm
I like that idea.  The old version actually had the login and registering side by side.  I found that a little bit easier to use.  Now it is just the lines below each other and it can be confusing.  We had 2 or 3 customers calling about that.  Most don't have an issue, but occasionally you get one of those non-computer literate person.
worldofrugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-August-2008 at 2:55pm
Like my employer for example! Dead

So if anyone has an answer to this... I   (and Kathatina?) will be so greatfull!!
worldofrugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2008 at 10:47am
Really no one has done this?? Cry
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-August-2008 at 8:14am
Add this product to the cart and then click checkout:

http://store.xpressindia.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=138&idproduct=551

I have been wanting to do this as well.  I thought this was a custom code, but the person above said this is how Product Cart use to be... why would they change it from this to how it is now?  As mentioned above, it's more confusing now, where you have to click the little radio buttons as oppose to having it separated as this site above.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic