ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shipping Wizard for UPS and Fed Ex

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shipping Wizard for UPS and Fed Ex
    Posted: 02-June-2009 at 11:20am
After working with this system for quite some time there are a few flaws and a couple of helpful suggestions we would like to see addressed in v4 if at all possible.  Any of these which could be implemented would be extremely helpful:

1. Scale Support - enough said

2. When an order has multiple boxes, it is necessary to close the browser in order to complete the next order which has only one box, if not the browser remembers the second box tab and it cannot be deleted.

3. UPS provides a gif image of the label which is saved onto my server along with a html page to put that gif onto a 8.5X11 page for printing.  I would like to have the option of printing only the gif in a correct size and orientation for a 4 X 6 label that will print on my thermal printer. 

I would love to be able to create an asp page which would collect and print the packing slip data as well as the gif image of the label on a preformatted full page label/packing slip combination form with the items actually checked off that are in the boxes.  I am willing to have this code custom written but I need access to the code so I can tell it to use my form instead of UPS's.  I would imagine there are others that would like this too so it would be a helpful addition to the program.

4. The shipping method needs to be collected from the order and pre-populated for UPS.  This is done in Fed Ex's wizard but not in UPS.  We have shipped using the wrong method many times because of this.  We should be able to override this if we choose to but it should be preselected so we don't have to.

5. There is some kind of glitch that is happening in this scenario:  A label is created for an order, then voided so that a correction can be made and then recreated.  The next label somehow prints the label with the last successful order's address fields instead of the current order.  I believe the only way to clear this is to close the browser and start over.  We are a little sketchy about how this happens because we didn't realize that it was happening until our customers called us with the mistake. 

6. The maximum number of boxes per order should be increased to 10 or more if possible.

7. The box size that is set up in UPS settings only allows for 1 box size.  We have about 6 box sizes that we use frequently depending upon the order and several others that are used occasionally.  We don't have time to enter each one manually so we just leave it to the preset size.  UPS doesn't really care about this size being wrong since they will just override it but it would be helpful to have our box sizes listed with a radio button selection.

8. Some kind of End of Day report listing total boxes shipped and even total cost would be helpful.

On Fed Ex:
It is necessary to go back to the Shipping tab after creating a label in order to print that label.  There should be an automatic link to the print label screen upon completion of the shipping wizard like with UPS.

Thanks!

Edited by cpgmar - 02-June-2009 at 11:23am
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
cpgmar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpgmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2009 at 4:21pm
Bumping this item forward:

Is this a possibility?

I would love to be able to create an asp page which would collect and print the packing slip data as well as the gif image of the label on a preformatted full page label/packing slip combination form with the items actually checked off that are in the boxes.  I am willing to have this code custom written but I need access to the code so I can tell it to use my asp form instead of UPS's.  
Cindy

The Tasteful Garden

www.tastefulgarden.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic