ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Description On Category Pages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Short Description On Category Pages
    Posted: 04-January-2009 at 5:17pm
Hello
Has anyone added the code to the display categories page to show the information in the short description field?  Here is what the online help says:
The short category description is shown on the pages where the customer is "browsing by category", if the store has been set up to show one category per row. If the store has been setup to show sub-categories in a drop-down, or with more than one per row, the short category description is not used.
I want to show 3 sub-categories in a row, with the category name underneath the image, and the short description underneath that. 
Thanks
Curt
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2009 at 12:06pm
Hi,
    I've not tested this, but a quick look at the code leads me to believe this will be a very simple change. The two files involved are : pc/pcShowCategoryH.asp and pc/pcShowCategoryP.asp
The first is used when the display is horizontal (one wide) and you can grab the code for the short description from there - As long as you keep them SHORT.
You have to make sure the  that the short description fits in the available space.

avalight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avalight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2009 at 7:07pm
Hi and thanks for this bit of information.  Actually, it is the "P" file that has the code for the short description, and I stuck it on the "H" file and it seems to work just fine.
Thanks for you help.
Best
Curt

Curt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic