ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simplified Checkout?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2008 at 5:12pm
I totally agree with that one.  I usually drop off when I see crazy shipping rates or times.  I also feel that too much information on a page will confuse the customer.  That's why I don't have a small shopping cart or recently viewed products showing.  Those are all nice little toys, but they can freak out customers.  It's simply to much information for them, and they fear that they may miss some crazy small print.  Then you have to take into account the elderly or the ones scarred of computers.  Its bad if you have to look up, down, left, right, and several columns, not to mention blocks of info.  My concept is no more then 2 columns.  Many users are trying hard to understand the internet, but they have heard so much junk in the media that they are simply scarred of the whole process.  A good practice is to have a phone number on all of the stores pages so a shopper can call.  I know we are trying to cut cost, but I can tell you a 5 minute talk can result in numerous orders from their friends.  They just remember that there was a nice person talking to them.  A real human!   I'm searching the internet on a regular basis for remarks on my store.  The good and bad (you learn from both of them).  I'm always amazed how often I find people mentioning my site in conjunction with my name.  They usually say call Katharina and get her suggestions.  I've found only one negative one so far.  That lady didn't like my "heavy Germany accent", but liked the product.  Well I sell German stuff, what do you expect.  LOL
Katharina
rotokirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-June-2008 at 7:30pm
I really appreciate the input and reference material Massimo! One of the reasons we've been really happy with PC is that we do feel a real connection to the developers...I can't wait to take our site live and show it off to the PC community. :)

I think my obsession with simplified checkouts may be over. LOL.

Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery
Chicago > IL > US
http://rotofugi.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic