ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestions for upgrades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeckhamDigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestions for upgrades
    Posted: 20-January-2009 at 2:42am
There are two simple changes that I would like to see in ProductCart

1. I would like to apply category discounts across more then one category so that customers can get discounts on multiple products from different categories.

Eg, we sell Photoshop movie tutorials on DVD and to allow our customers to get discounts I have to put all the disks in one category making it clumsy and difficult to manage.  This also makes it harder for customers to find the products if they browse our store rather than buy via links from the web site.

2. I want to be able to print a sales report for all products within a category over a given time period.

Eg, when selling products for others in our store i.e royalty free music I could very easily create a list of sales for the supplier and pay him accordingly. At present this is a time consuming procedure that means it is easier to keep a pen and paper log. Hardly hi-tech.

There are too many products in the category to generate a product report.  
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 10:20am

I don't have an immediate answer for #1. 

As for #2, we recently completed a small programming request where we cloned the product sales report to select a small group of products which need to be treated similar to what you are doing, and report upon them.  It wouldn't be a big stretch to do the same thing on the category level.  You may be comfortable with digging into the code, or contact us if you want it done for  you.
BeckhamDigital View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeckhamDigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 6:25pm
Greg

I would not be at all comfortable digging into the code I am afraid.

However, I am interested in what could be done and how?

My first request re cross category discounts doesn't sound too difficult, but then what do I know about this type of code. It just seems an obvious thing that ProductaCart should have. If my tiny business has need for this, many others must too.

Barry
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2009 at 6:32pm
I'll email you directly from you site to discuss further.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic