ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > QuickBooks Add-on
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Synchronizer - Items/Customer Not Loaded to PCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Synchronizer - Items/Customer Not Loaded to PCart

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espresso4home Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Synchronizer - Items/Customer Not Loaded to PCart
    Posted: 11-May-2009 at 7:45pm
Hi All!

Starting a brand new storefront with a brand new Quickbooks file. All items, financial accounts, and one customer were created in Quickbooks.

I was able to complete the set up wizard on ProductCart for Quickbooks syncronization. The accounts came through fine, and I ran into the following problems:

a) I was expecting the items to be uploaded to QB
b) I was expecting the one customer to be uploaded to QB

ProductCart and the Synchronizer were installed by Early Impact. My assumption was that all the items and the one customer in QB would upload to ProductCart. Is this assumption correct?

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-May-2009 at 8:16pm
Hi,
   I'm unclear from your post which way you are asking the data to flow - uploaded to QB, or to your ProductCart store? Has the web connector run/been run? See :
wiki.earlyimpact.com/quickbooks_synchronizer/manage_customer_synch

espresso4home View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espresso4home Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2009 at 8:19am

I have followed step-by-step instructions on the synchronizer. I have loaded all items in in Quickbooks, and I have set up the minimum of one customer in Quickbooks. I have run web connector and successfully completed the web connector to which I have received the Synchrozier menu. After its setup completion, I went to try to find the products and the one customer I had set up in Quickbooks. I have searched under all products and all customers. Nothing was found

Since this was a brand new company with brand new Quickbooks file and brand new online store, I was assuming this data would be loaded from Quickbooks to Productcart as the synchronizer instructions made it very clear about Quickbooks data, but not ProductCart data.

My guess is that I need to load the categories table, the products table, and the custoemr table, and then MAP each to its own in the Synchronizer menu.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2009 at 9:22am
You can send items to QuickBooks from ProductCart.  You cannot send items from QuickBooks to ProductCart directly.  QuickBooks does not have all the required information.  You can export from QuickBooks as Excel, add the required fields, and then import via the Import Wizard.  If you are having any problems you should login to your account and open a ticket. 
espresso4home View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espresso4home Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-May-2009 at 9:47am

Thank you.  I assume the same is for customer data.

I would suggest that this is made more clear in the step-by-step synchronizer instructions. It would only be helpful for others who fall under the same category as me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic