ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Syntax Error & IE9 Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjbones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Syntax Error & IE9 Error
    Posted: 29-December-2012 at 10:45pm
Dear ProductCart Community,

A customer called yesterday reporting a problem when placing an order. I have tried to troubleshoot it and have come up empty handed. These are the error codes I got from ProductCart (they are both the same error):
769481051-181539
769481051-182758
Here is the error information:
Customer Reference Number: 760481051-181539
Date/Time: 12/28/2012
Session ID: 760481051
Error Number: -2147217900
Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Description: Incorrect syntax near ','.

query=SELECT idOrder FROM Orders WHERE pcOrd_OrderKey like 'CEH1992648471';

Request Method: GET
Server Port: 443
HTTPS: on
Local Address: 10.3.1.187
Host Address: 71.212.88.216
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
URL: /store/pc/SaveOrd.asp
Can you tell me where the problem is with this error? Is it a problem with the Early Impact source code?
I ran into this error when placing an order using a customers account. I then tried creating a new account with the same data. Got the second error. I then tried placing an order with my account, which has worked fine in the past, and got the same error.  This was all happening with Firefox.

And then, it seems that strange glitch with IE9 is back... what is happening is items are put into the shopping cart, and then when you select the "credit card checkout" button, it comes up with an error that says "no items are in the shopping cart".  If I recall correctly, I have had this error in the past and it was easily resolved with the "ProductCart and IE9 Fix".  I have taken the time to ensure that all of the previous uploaded files for this fix have been uploaded to my site.  I even tried uploading them again in the event that they had been corrupted some how.  The problem persists. 

Could these two issues be related?

Thanks for your help in directing me! Please let me know how you suggest we go about solving this issue.  All thoughts are appreciated.
tjbones
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2013 at 4:34pm
Hi Teah,

The logged errors are pretty much worthless for troubleshooting. To get to the real error what you would need to do is to open /includes/opendb.asp and comment out the first like using an apostrophe like so:
'on error resume next

When you get to the point where the error is thrown, you should now either get a verbose description of the error or you'll get a useless "500 Error" page, depending on your server/site config. If you get the latter, PM me with your email address and I'll send you a utility to install.

As for the other issue, that sounds like a session state issue vis a vis HTTPS. Do you have the store set to switch to SSL at the payment gateway? If so, then it sounds like hosting has the application set to create a new session ID on HTTPS. Disable that and you should be all good.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic