ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Test to Production

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wittystees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Test to Production
    Posted: 11-July-2007 at 1:33pm

Over time I have purchased various versions of product cart... 2.76->3.0->3.05->paypal beta ->Apparel Addon->3.05b (I believe it is the final code for pc w/paypal api integration.)

I have some mismatched versions of files and have occasional "strange" errors.  We have contacted support and they have been most supportive in working through them.

Now I need to set up the situation:

I have the exact order of install and source files per customer support.  I have combined them in the correct order and copied the custom asp files as needed from the existing website from includes and pc folders.

I have 2 directories on my hosting service /buy (production) and /test (test.)  I have upladed the combined product cart folder (created w/correct order of install files) to the /test folder, modified the appropriate includes files to point to the new directory and executed the setup process.  This process allows me to share the production database... I say this because /test is being used to get "everything working" and modify the asthetics of the test site before I move it to production.

I have said all of this to ask the following question: What configuration files (besides those files that dictate pc location) should I be concerned with in migrating from test to production?

wittystees View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wittystees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2007 at 7:23pm
Well... it was really simple ;)

Simply edit the includes/productcartFolder.asp file to point to the production directory after it is copied... too easy!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic