ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > Apparel Add-on
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - This item no longer exist in the database - errors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This item no longer exist in the database - errors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattribbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This item no longer exist in the database - errors
    Posted: 20-February-2009 at 5:03pm
When using the Apparel Add-on, all sub-products will display the message "This item no longer exist in the database." when trying to Add to Shopping Bag a product.

- The settings are such that if it item is out of stock, the drop downs are not supposed to appear.  But the dropdowns do appear--they are in plenty of stock.

-If I check the sub-products to be "disregard stock", no dice.  I still get the error.

-Not sure if it is relevant once an item is flagged as being an apparel product, but I edited the inventory settings such that "disregard stock is checked"--no dice.  I also tried the opposite be adding dozens of stock... still get the error.

I've searched for this issue and do not see any information in Google, wiki.earlyimpact.com, or this forum.

Please help!

Thanks~

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2009 at 4:49am
Hi and welcome !

Can you please clarify your problem.

If I understand it your apparel productcs are appearing in your storefront when there is no stock available but if you click on that product you get the "item no longer exists" message?

It sounds to me like a settings issue but I'd need more information.

Nigel
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
mattribbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattribbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2009 at 1:30pm
Hi,

Thanks for offering to look.  A lot of us have tried to fix it but we can't--so with luck you might be the one with the magic answer :)

Here is an apparel product that does not work: http://www.danadavis.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=228&idcategory=7

Try to add it to the cart and you cannot.  All regular product you can add to the cart.

We are running ProductCart v3.51a .

From what I can tell, we are doing everything correct and following the procedures to set up the apparel product correctly.  It doesn't seem that complicated.  I've never seen anyone with this issue before, so hopefully it's something simple I'm overlooking.

In my initial post I listed some of the strategies I used to set up the apparel product.  By all accounts it seems to be set up correctly in the admin tool.

Thanks!

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2009 at 2:29pm
The message you are getting suggests the sub product was not created properly.

Can you see it when you search for the master product and click on sub-products?

Another quick question - are you using the standard version of productcart or BTO?

Nigel
Innerview

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattribbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2009 at 2:43pm
I am using ProductCart v3.51a .  I think it is standard and not BTO, but how can I tell for sure?  This is a project I inherited and was not originally involved in the purchasing.

I can see the product when I search for it, open it up, then click "View sub-products".  They look fine in the sub-products view, all sub-products have items in stock, they have sub-product ids, unique SKUs, and all are active. 

When originally creating the sub-products... I tried all variants "Add New," "Update," and "Replace".  They all seem to create sub-products just fine, except for the fact that we can't add them in the cart at all.

Thanks
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2009 at 2:52pm
v3.51a indicates it's standard PC + apparel mod.

Matt, do you know if the store is altered at all, other than header/footer/css changes?
intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2009 at 3:37pm

Do you know if your version of productcart was purchased earlier and then upgraded to version 3.5. I'm wondering if your apparel add-on files are up to date?

If you have followed all the instructions correctly it should work fine so I can only guess something isn't right in one of the files.

Nigel

Innerview

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattribbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2009 at 12:40pm
Hi,

Eventually got this fixed.

The answer, in case anyone wants to know, is that the developer before me apparently had customized the "viewPrdL.asp" page to hide the SKU.  The proper way is to hide the SKU in the "Other Settings" tab in the control panel.

Thanks for everyone's help!

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2009 at 3:49pm
Great to hear - glad you got it sorted.

Those type of problems can be very frustrating.

Nigel

Innerview
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2009 at 3:55pm
Yeah, inheriting someone else's work can be a great challenge.  Good luck with the project.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic