ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Title of Store

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bp_travis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Title of Store
    Posted: 11-August-2008 at 11:01am
Why does the title of pages on my store include ProductCart Shopping Cart Software?
How do I remove that?
http://www.barkleigh.com/store/pc/home.asp

Thanks
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2008 at 11:22am
Hi,
  Here's copy of a reply by Greg to a similar question. HTH

Open the file /pc/include-metatags.asp and find this section and edit the 3 specified lines:

' ************************************************************ ******************
' Edit the content for the following constants
' ************************************************************ ******************

' The following is used as the page title when the page that is being loaded is not
' a product or category page. If it is a product or category page, the page title is
' the product name and category name respectively. Replace the ProductCart title
' shown below with your own.
Const DefaultTitle = "ProductCart shopping cart software"

' The following is used as the "Content" for the default "Keywords" meta tag. When the
' page is a product or category page, the product or category names are also added to
' the keywords. Replace the following keywords with your own.
Const DefaultKeywords = "shopping cart software, ecommerce software, asp shopping cart, shopping carts, ecommerce solutions, e-commerce, ProductCart, Early Impact"

' The following is used as the "Content" for the default "Description" meta tag. When the
' page is a product or category page, the product or category descriptions replace the
' default category description.
Const DefaultDescription = "We offer shopping cart software to run ecommerce stores. Our shopping carts are used by businesses to build and manage an online storefront."

worldofrugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2008 at 10:34am
In addition to the above:

How can I change the title, description and keywords for:
the Specials page, New Arrivals, Best Sellers, Browse by Category, the Search page and Search Results page and the Hompage separately?
I changed the include-metatags so the homepage would show up fine, but this now also shows on those other 6 pages...
I like to give those another title, as well as description and keywords.
Any suggestions on that?
Is the only solution to take the header/footer out and customize it as I did for some other pages? (example: http://www.worldofrugs.com/shop/pc/Locations.asp)

Edited by worldofrugs - 12-August-2008 at 3:10pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2008 at 5:14pm
If I find a solution before someone else gives me one, I'll post it here Wink
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2008 at 5:21pm
Paul - roughly speaking I'd just look at crippling the use of the auto-generated meta tags on those pages, and manually create them on your pages. 

I say roughly speaking as I have not done this and am not sure if there's an issue once you comment out that include, so I'd just give it a try and see what happens.  It's not like it will be a big deal to revert if it does not work out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2008 at 5:39pm
Thanks Greg,
I understand now there's not an easy was to do this (I know I can trust the experts! Thumbs%20Up)

I will make it as my other pages.. Simply take the header out and implement my custom header into the page as I did with the above mentioned page..
Thanks for the reply Greg!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2008 at 4:44pm
Ok, not as easy as I thought it would be Cry

It works out great for the search page, but not for the other ones...
Get some weird errors, so unless someone has discovered (implemented?) an easy way, I'm just going to forget about it for now...
Perhaps when I have some "spare" time in the future, I might look into this again...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic