ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which payment gateway works best

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yeeyeng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which payment gateway works best
    Posted: 19-May-2006 at 10:27am

I would like to get some idea from the forum about which payment gateway works best with product cart? What payment gateway you use, and why?  Thanks for you help in advance.

netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 4:08pm

As a developer, we have setup product cart to work with several different payment gateways for our clients. The easiest has been Authorize.net but PayPal and ECHO have worked well too. We have had some problems with Verisign Payflow issues (not Product Cart problems but on the Payflow side).

All of the gateways should work well, I think the bigger issue is where you can find the best pricing and good service from your merchant account. Most of the merchant accounts charge monthly fees (usually around $20-$30) plus a discount rate of 2.1% up to 3.0% plus a transaction fee of around .20 to .35 cents.

If you are starting out small and don't expect a lot of sales initially, you will save money with a service that has a lower monthly fee, i.e. PayPal is free to setup and has no monthly fee. But PayPal's discount rate is around 2.9% + .30 cents so you pay a little more per transaction.

If you can get a discount rate of 2.2% at $25/month fees, you would save money by using PayPal until you had around $3600/month in sales. After that you would start to save more by getting a regular merchant account.

Having said that, not everyone feels comfortable using PayPal so you may lose some sales if that is the only payment you accept. Fortunately customers no longer need to create a PayPal account in order to make a credit card payment through PayPal.

Hope this helps.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
netprofits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 4:16pm

Not sure if you have seen this page or not. It lists all the payment gateways supported by Product Cart. Each logo is a link to the corresponding gateway where you can get pricing information and other details:

http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/payment_gateways.asp

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
amgqmp1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amgqmp1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2006 at 5:57pm
I'm a huge fan of Authorize.Net.  Rock-solid reliability for high volume of sales.  Don't forget to support PayPal if you can...ProductCart handles PayPal integration nicely, and, you'd be surprised how many more sales it will generate.
thedeacon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thedeacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2006 at 10:11pm

There's really no reason not to use Authorize.net.  Their process is easy to set up and it's a recognizable name with a good reputation.  Another service may charge less, but you run the risk of getting hassled or ripped off.

I personally will not accept paypal again in my life, due to countless issues I've had in the past.

Running an ecommerce site, you will get higher than normal chargebacks.  Back in the day (and soon once more) i sold custom gaming computers via ecommerce and accepted Paypal.  Customers would attempt to set up their own refund policy by claiming shipping damage or what not and then immediately charge back through paypal....while they still had the merchandise in their possession. 

Paypal would give them the cash back and then require us to submit and overwhelming amount of proof before returning funds to us, all the while overlooking the fact that it's highly illegal to file a chargeback while still in possession of the merchandise :p

Or, someone would send a machine back to us without an RMA.  We would automatically refuse to accept the package and the customer would file a chargeback and have to go through the same deal with Paypal.

I reckon it's worse now they've been purchased by Ebay. 

Bottom line is, a merchant processor should NEVER play judge, jury and exucutioner BEFORE allowing the merchant to submit evidence that the charges are legitimate.  My advice before choosing a merchant processor is to ask them about their chargeback policy; if they rip the money out of your account before you are given the opportunity to submit proof that the charges are legit, you're going to cause yourself a bookkeeping nightmare!  And for a new business, you might end up costing yourself overdraft fees and account closures.

jamiox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2006 at 4:38am
I was told to integrate our company's ProductCart with the local Bank's payment gateway that is not found in the PC list. Any manual on how i can do this? The local bank payment gateway supports simple form POST method with the fields indicating merchant id, amount to charge etc.
jamiox.net
Uniforms guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uniforms guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-November-2006 at 12:34pm

Hi Folks,

Which Payment-gateway accept debit card for payment?

TIA,

Mario

james272 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2007 at 8:50am

james272 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-January-2007 at 8:51am
Has ayone used vuaklix as a payment gateway
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic