ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Changing the default sort order when "Viewing All"
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Changing the default sort order when "Viewing All"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njessen42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Changing the default sort order when "Viewing All"
    Posted: 18-February-2010 at 4:55pm
Hello,

We upgraded to v4.0 yesterday and love it.

I noticed that when searching for items in out store using the basic search box it defaults to a "description" search. Then when I choose "View All Items" it defaults to "Lowest Price" list of search results. We would like to change the "View All Items" link to default to a #Stock number view. Is this possible?  Is it also possible to remove the sort by: "low price" and "high price" options all together on the drop down?

Thanks,
Nate
Rings & Things
http://shop.rings-things.com
njessen42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njessen42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2010 at 12:11pm
Anything to point me in the right direction would rock. Big%20smile
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2010 at 12:18pm
Have you looked at the display settings in the admin?  There is an override for that dropdown now. If you set a preference you may resolve the issue.
njessen42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njessen42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2010 at 12:30pm
Greg I did. It seems to only effect the categories and not the actual searching (search box) or "view all items" link. We still want the customers to be able to sort by description and item number but not price at all. This is how it is set up currently, if this option worked for the whole store on all accounts that would be great.

Product sorting method within a category

Default product sorting preference: More%20information%20on%20this%20feature
< name="PCOrd" value="0" ="" ="clearBorder" =""> Product Part Number (SKU)
< name="PCOrd" value="1" ="clearBorder" =""> Product Name
< name="PCOrd" value="2" ="clearBorder" =""> High Price 
< name="PCOrd" value="3" ="clearBorder" =""> Low Price
User-selected product sorting: More%20information%20on%20this%20feature
< name="HideSortPro" value="1" ="clearBorder" =""> Don't let users sort products ("Sort by" drop-down menu is hidden)

njessen42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njessen42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2010 at 12:31pm
We currently have option 0 set for the categories. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2010 at 12:44pm
I'm not sure - can't go poking around that just now.  Maybe a bit later.
njessen42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njessen42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2010 at 1:01pm
No worries Greg, I know you might be handling something else for us at Rings and Things Wholesale.

This is what else I found out though. The search box puts items into "stock#" order when you first search for something, but as soon as you click "view all" or any other page number it defaults to "low price" which looks like order=3 in the search string. I just have no idea in the code how to change this.

njessen42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njessen42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2010 at 1:40pm
I think I found out how to change the way sort order for "view all items" and (1,2,3,4) search pages come up. You change the bolded from 3 (low to high price) to anything of the 4 options available. I changed mine to 1 for description and it seemed to work great. The last problem I have is with the search box itself. It still pulls things up by stock#.

File= inc_SrcPrdQuery-no-change.asp
strORD=getUserInput(request("order"),4)
if NOT validNum(strORD) or trim(strORD)="" then
    strORD=1

File= inc_SrcPrdQuery.asp
strORD=getUserInput(request("order"),4)
if NOT validNum(strORD) or trim(strORD)="" then
    strORD=1
njessen42 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njessen42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2010 at 4:10pm
Hello,

Has anyone come across the code that relates directly to the main search box. I need it to default to "description" and not stock number.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2010 at 4:37pm
If V4, go to settings, display settings.  It's right there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic