ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

updating customer accounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliptomania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: updating customer accounts
    Posted: 30-April-2009 at 1:59pm
When a customer changes their e-mail address in their account, it would be very helpful if we got an e-mail alerting us that a change has been made.  Then we could change that customer's e-mail in our broadcast e-mail system, etc
Clip Earrings on the Web
Nuclearsiloman View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nuclearsiloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 6:00am

Hi Cliptomania,

This could be accomplished with a modification to your codebase.  Depending on the broadcast e-mail system you use, it could be automatically updated as well.

If you can't find an acceptable solution, please contact me to discuss.

Best,
Kevin
Certified ProductCart Developer & Reseller
Design + Custom + Hosting
http://www.nuclearsiloman.com
** ENJOY LIFE, IT'S THE ONLY ONE YOU GOT! **
Cliptomania View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cliptomania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2009 at 11:11am
Dear Kevin,
      I'm sure that modification can be done, but I've had to have a number of modifications made for good functioning on our website.  Everytime we upgrade to a new PC version, I have to pay my webmaster a couple of thousand dollars to bring these modifications forward. [As many of these modifications make it easier for us to do the behind the scenes work or make it easier for customers to use our website - and because he thinks they would be useful for other websites - he has offered the code for several of them to Product Cart, but they have not taken him up on his offer.] 
      I'd like to see common sense modifications like this one incorporated into Product Cart by Early Impact rather than expanding the number of modications that need to be redone everytime we choose to upgrade. 
      Thanks, CAndy
Clip Earrings on the Web
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic