ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - UPS thermal printing and if you like product cart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UPS thermal printing and if you like product cart

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UPS thermal printing and if you like product cart
    Posted: 16-April-2009 at 1:54pm
Hello,
I am considering moving to the product cart from my crappy go daddy quick shopping cart.  I am wondering if anyone has found a way to print shipping labels for ups directly to the thermal printer.  They said some people have done it, but that its not currently supported (only the big laser prints labels are supported). 

If you dont mind commenting on the following, it would really help make my decision.  The main reasons i am leaving godaddy are as follows.

The admin interface is soooo slow, like minutes to pop up sometimes.  Really pisses me off when i spend more time waiting than working. I want something FAST!

I have to cut and paste user addresses into ups to print the label.  This is a pain in the butt and i really want a single print ups label option.

The quickbooks integration is a total joke.  All customers come up as a shopping cart customer, and all products come up as a shopping cart item.  This means i have to edit every transaction by hand.  I would like much more control over mapping the info into quickbooks.

There is no integration with google checkout.  I really want to add this to my site.

So i you have experience with any of these topics on the product cart, i would really appreciate hearing your comments and the things you like and dislike about the product.
Thanks,
Joe

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2009 at 2:40pm
Hi Joe,

I have a client who has adjusted her browser settings on a computer in her shipping room which is dedicated to printing shipping labels.  She has been successful in printing thermal labels.  Have a look here http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/how_to/print_thermal_label?s[]=thermal for some ideas.

The new Quickbooks Syynchronizer that EI released earlier this year deserves careful examiniation. 

Google checkout is supported and easily activated. 

BigOrder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigOrder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2009 at 4:50pm
I'm a new user myself.. but I can comment on the speed issue.

So far this cart has been very fast. It's all web based but navigating between pages is instant. I recommend using the Fire Fox browser though. In EI going between pages has a weird kind of fade-in effect, and while only taking half a second I found I didn't like it.

The server I'm on is Gregs, who already posted in this topic, and performance is very good so far.
Shane
Big Order Savings
www.bigordersavings.com
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2009 at 5:54pm
BigOrder: just a quick note about the transition effect you mentioned. It can be removed by removing the following two lines from "adminheader.asp" (Control Panel folder, "pcadmin" by default, but probably renamed in your store).

Here are the lines to remove:

<meta http-equiv="Page-Enter" content="blendTrans(Duration=0.2)" />
<meta http-equiv="Page-Exit" content="blendTrans(Duration=0.2)" />

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
jgorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2009 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by BigOrder BigOrder wrote:

I'm a new user myself.. but I can comment on the speed issue.

So far this cart has been very fast.

Much Thanks!
Originally posted by Greg Dinger Greg Dinger wrote:

She has been successful in printing thermal labels.

The new Quickbooks Syynchronizer that EI released earlier this year deserves careful examiniation. 

Thanks for the info Greg.  As far as the QB synchronizer... is that a good thing that it needs careful examination, or a BAD thing.  This is one of my main reasons to switch to this cart, so it it sucks, or is buggy, i will be very pissed off.  From the info i have found on their site, it looks like it will do just what i want. (setting accounts for products, actual product PN inports, sync'd inventory etc).

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2009 at 1:01am
Joe, the new QB Synch tool is very powerful. 

The satisfaction level with PC is very high from the merchants who use it because the software is so wide in terms of features and functionality, and Early Impact's vision/support is so strong and responsive. 

From the developer perspective, we find it very easy to deliver solid results because we know the software and the company will not let us down.

You will be hard-pressed to be disappointed with ProductCart. 
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2009 at 6:02am
I liked it so much I joined the company :-)

jgorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2009 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Greg Dinger Greg Dinger wrote:

Joe, the new QB Synch tool is very powerful. 

Thanks Greg, that's great news!  It looks like PC is the one i will go with.  I did a pretty thorough check on all the carts in the software section of googles page here.
http://checkout.google.com/seller/integrate_cart.html#parnters

The only one that came close was shopsite, but there is no way to do ups labels without spending $20/month on a ups plug in and the quick books integration questions i had went unanswered (i think it as an external plug in type of thing).

Now i need to find a new host.  Any opinions on hosting services that work well with this car will be appreciated.  If possible the option to transfer all of my domains (~30) from go daddy to that would be great.  I also run a VB forum so i need php.  Godaddy said i had to run a linux box to do php, but i'm not sure if that is one of their stupid requirements, or a common thing.  I  can leave my forums on GD if needed, but it would be nice to get rid of them. My email with GD aslo sucks.  I have trouble connecting and sending mail sometimes requires 3 or more tries.  I would like to run an exchange server, but they are $$ like $100+/month per email! IMAP with unlimited storage will suit my needs.

so plan on seeing more of me on here as i begin the migration process! (it will probably be a month before i will have time to start this)Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2009 at 12:35pm
Well, you will get no argument from me about Godaddy - I think they are horrid.  The problems I have witnessed, and read about here in the forum, is enough for me (and other developers I know) to turn away most projects if the site is hosted there.

We provide hosting.  Bigorder (see above) has already spoken briefly about his experience of hosting with us.  We recently upgraded our mail services to SmarterMail 5 Enterprise which is a very powerful application, but unlimited storage is not offered in our standard hosting plans.  We support PHP and have many sites running a variety of PHP-based blog and message board solutions.

Edited by Greg Dinger - 17-April-2009 at 12:35pm
jgorm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2009 at 12:55pm
Greg,
Do you have a link to your hosting plans?
thanks,
joe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic