ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Using a thermal printer to print postage with PC ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Using a thermal printer to print postage with PC ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ynotpyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using a thermal printer to print postage with PC ?
    Posted: 13-October-2011 at 2:13am
Has anybody managed to figure out a way to use the integrated indicia print postage feature with a thermal printer?  It looks like it is set up to print out full size on regular paper and I would prefer to print on 4x6 labels.  Maybe I can pay someone to fix this?  Any ideas?  I read somewhere about scaling but dont have a thermal printer to test with so I was hoping that someone out there has already figured all this stuff out.  I am shipping over 12,000 orders per year so I need something that works good.  Any help would be appreciated.
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2011 at 4:07pm
I use a thermal printer for UPS and USPS labels, and the process is integrated into productcart. The labels, although perhaps sized for regular paper, seem to print fine on our labels, and we have never had problems from UPS or USPS with unreadable labels. What do you need help with?
ynotpyro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ynotpyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2011 at 5:08pm
I can print to the thermal label if I use the scaling feature in firefox or IE but then I have to use another browser to print invoices.  I am tired of using different browsers for different things, just want to use one.  I prefer chrome but it doesnt have adjustible margins.  I would just like to get everything to work all the time in 1 browser.  If I could have someone do some programming to change the size of the label so that it would print without scaling then I could print invoices and shipping labels in the same browser.
marlanbrando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlanbrando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2011 at 9:12pm
We have been able to print USPS postage onto 4"x6" thermal labels from Firefox without the need to use the scaling feature in the browser.  Instead, when printing to the thermal printer, we select from the thermal printer's driver properties to use the 4"x6" stock size. When printed, the postage covers the 4"x6" thermal label fully.   
ynotpyro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ynotpyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-December-2011 at 9:24pm
I switched back to firefox for just that reason.
The labels print the right size now but they arent even close to as good looking or as crisp as the shipping labels that I print from eBay.  Does anybody know how to make them look better?
marlanbrando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marlanbrando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2011 at 4:57pm
The USPS postage that we print from Firefox onto the 4"x6" thermal labels do look very crisp.  Maybe try downloading the latest thermal printer driver, or playing with the thermal printer driver properties such as darkness and dithering.   
ynotpyro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ynotpyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-December-2011 at 1:33pm
I have the latest drivers and have messed with all the settings.  Thermal labels from eBay and dazzle look great and have big bold text.  The labels from pc have a much smaller font and are not bold. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic