ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USPS click and ship

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enclothe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USPS click and ship
    Posted: 02-April-2007 at 2:10am
So i'm pretty concerned at the moment. I've been working on a new Product Cart version of my site for weeks now. I'm starting to get it looking how I'd like and i'm moving on to address the functionality issues.

My company uses USPS exclusively because it's the cheapest option for sending light bulky items like shirts.
I'm pretty surprised to find out that I can't print usps labels from product cart. Does that mean I'm going to have to copy and paste customers names into the click and ship webpage for every order? This will slow me down considerably.

My current OScommerce site passes the shipping information to a page that prepopulates the customer info fields on a click and ship page. It's quick and I print my labels with postage out and i'm good to go.

So when's the likely hood I'll be able to print usps labels in Product Cart? I might have to delay my site rollout until this becomes available.

rotokirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-April-2007 at 4:19am
I second this feature request. We use both USPS and UPS and it would be
great to be able to print USPS labels directly from PC.
whizzinpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whizzinpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 4:24pm
I third this feature request. We use both USPS and UPS and it would be
great to be able to print USPS labels directly from PC.
sdalan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2007 at 11:47am
I fourth that if that's possible.
Monograms View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monograms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2007 at 10:57am
I fifth. I would save me a lot of time.
dalibruin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalibruin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2007 at 7:43pm
I sixth!  I can't believe it's not available yet.  Come on PC!  Put some effort into it!!!!
- dali
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2007 at 8:03pm

We are currently putting the final touches on the version 3.1 release which will allow you to utilize the USPS Webtools Labels API. This will allow you to print the following labels directly from ProductCart:

1. Delivery Confirmation
  2. Signature Confirmation
  3. Express Mail Label

We have include the Track/Confirm API as well so that you can track packages directly from your Control Panel.

We have also added an address export function for anyone that may use USPS Shipping Assistant.

The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
dalibruin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalibruin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2007 at 8:12pm
Thanks for the response.  What about printing Priority Mail labels?
- dali
Stuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-July-2007 at 8:44pm

Great News, thanks EarlyImp!

Hopefully this will even take the place of our endicia dazzle program

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2007 at 3:18am

No, it will not take the place of Endicia because USPS does not have an API for postage. So from ProductCart you will be able to print a label, but you will have to print postage elsewhere.

Here is an sample scenario:

• Order is ready to ship
  • "Priority Mail" label with "Delivery Confirmation" is printed from your ProductCart Control Panel
  • Postage is calculated exactly and printed by using a scale/postage meter/postage calculator combo such as the ones available from Pitney Bowes, Endicia, or Stamps.com (Stamps.com currently includes a free scale)
  • Postage and Label are applied to the package.
  • Package is picked up by USPS or dropped-off.

Edited by earlyimp - 20-July-2007 at 3:20am
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic