ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USPS Processing Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USPS Processing Problem
    Posted: 14-January-2010 at 4:19pm
Does anyone know why I'm getting this error when trying to print a label?

"There was an error processing your request.
API Authorization failure. User 928MACPH4923 is not authorized to use API DeliveryConfirmationV3.
USPS Error Code: 80040b1a"

The program will not let me un-check the Delivery Confirmation box and leaving it checked results in this error.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Alan

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2010 at 4:34pm
Hi Alan,  Google is your friend :-)

"When you signup for USPS Webtools and call to get access to their production servers, they only give you access to the rate APIs by default. The error you are getting is due to your account not having access to use the delivery confirmation API. You need to call them and request access"
macleather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2010 at 5:53pm
Thanks Hamish, sometimes I forget about what a good friend Google is. Smile I'll call regarding the delivery confirmation API.

I don't use the shipping function in PC but just now realized that if I manually update the customer order, no email is sent and inventory adjustments are not made etc. I thought I'd just use the USPS interface to get the shipped update to the order since it only prints the label and doesn't charge for postage. Do you know of a way to bypass the shipping module and still get the shipped email etc working?

Alan
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2010 at 6:02pm
We use Endicia for printing postal labels.  What we do we have Endicia and the store's back end open on the computer with our shipping scale and shipping label printer attached to it.  We open the order we are working on, cut the shipping address and paste it into Endicia.  While Endicia works on printing the label we open the shipping tab in PC, then cut and past the tracking info over and finish the order.  That way the customer does get an email with the tracking information.  I know it is a two part process, but this works for us. 

Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2010 at 6:13pm
Katharina,

Thanks for the info. Sort of what I do with Stamps.com but what I seem to be missing is that when I'm in the Process/Update tab for the order and want to update the shipping, the only choice is Partially shipped or Shipping. If I click on the Shipping Center Tab, it then wants me to select the carrier (USPS) and the wizard then takes me to the item and then goes to the delivery confirmation selection page and when I click submit I get the error (which Hamish offered a solution for) but I don't see anywhere I can enter a tracking number and get the system to act like the item shipped. Is there some step I've missed?

Thanks for your time.

Alan
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2010 at 6:20pm
I use version 3.51, so I'm not sure how 4 looks like but I assume it has not changed.  I think the problem may be you clicking on the wrong tab (Process/Update).  I click on "Shipping Center", and then on "Start Shipping Wizzard".  Next you select the items shipped and continue.  Now it asks you for your tracking info etc, click submit and your are done.
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2010 at 6:24pm
Just checked the demo store for version 4, it is still the same as in 3.51.
Also we are not using the postal label printing api, since it does not print postage.  We do have usps for pulling the shipping rates, but that is all.  The rest we do with endicia, or like you do with stamps.com.
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macleather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2010 at 6:28pm
Katharina,

I'm sure glad someone can read because obviously I can't. Every time I went into the shipping center tab I immediately scrolled down to the carrier. Never saw the very first "start shipping wizard" Shocked. That was the missing piece and will teach me to read from the beginning.

Thank you so much, you're a big help Clap and life if wonderful again.

Alan

katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2010 at 6:28pm
Forgot to mention I do not click on the "Start Shipping Wizzard" under the Postal Logo.  I use the one on top before the shipping company listings.  Perhaps that's were the problem is.
Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-January-2010 at 6:31pm
We are all human or something similar.  LOL 
Glad I was able to help.  You surely went through a lot of trouble trying to figure it out.  Smile

Katharina
www.GermanPlaza.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic