ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

USPS rates incorrect, real charge much higher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CardinalArmory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USPS rates incorrect, real charge much higher
    Posted: 26-June-2008 at 4:08pm
We are running ProductCart 3.11. 

I have all shipping up and running, and the USPS Web tools API seems to be running okay.  I actually went so far as to get it printing labels until I realized that they had no postage.  Confused

However, when we go to ship the product with USPS we find that the actual cost to ship is more than what ProductCart calculated when the order was submited.  Not just a small amount.

We ran into a similar situation with UPS, it was not sending the actual order value (defaulted to $100) and there was a variable that had to be edited in a *.asp file.  Is there something similar for USPS?

Really need some help here.  I'm losing money!  Dead

- Tim
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 4:50pm
I've already opened up a ticket for the priority mail issue.  They are working on it.  We do not use EI to print labels.  We are using www.endicia.com for several years right now.  I know there are others out there, but I like Endicia.  You can use your UPS scale and printer with them, but you may have to download some drivers for it.
Katharina
CardinalArmory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CardinalArmory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2008 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by katharina katharina wrote:

I've already opened up a ticket for the priority mail issue.  They are working on it.  We do not use EI to print labels.  We are using www.endicia.com for several years right now.  I know there are others out there, but I like Endicia.  You can use your UPS scale and printer with them, but you may have to download some drivers for it.
Katharina

Thanks.... however, I want to be perfectly clear:

1) Customer enters order, chooses USPS for shipping, PC talks to USPS Web tools and says the shipping charge will be $5.

2) We go to ship the product, no change in package weight or zip code, Go to USPS Click-n-Ship to generate a label and postage, charge to us for this package is $10.

The problem is the difference between the esimate on the order as it was submitted, and the actual charge by USPS for the package.
Tim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2008 at 7:22pm
Was this ever resolved?  I'd be interested in any fix as well.
--
Tim Salam
Stuffington Bear Factory
~Teddy Bears Made in the USA~
http://www.stuffington.com/
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-October-2008 at 7:31pm
IE fixed it for me.  They send me replacement file and it works now.  You may have to open a ticket to get the file.
Katharina
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic