ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

v5 Boostrap Menu Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: v5 Boostrap Menu Problems
    Posted: 10-February-2016 at 3:54pm
Trying to configure my v5 store to change over from v4.7.  Using ProductCart as the MAIN site so everyone will go through ProductCart.  V5 store is in "Upgrade Mode" until I get everything the way I want it.

I've chosen the Bootstrap_blue theme for our site.

Problem I'm having is, every time I test the site, the drop-down menu bar across the top/header of the page isn't working properly.  It's OK if it's a static link (like "Home" or the one's I've added to the header.asp page) or if it's just a single-level drop down (Menu bar opens a single column of selections, no sub-menu items off of them), but when there are multiple sub-menus (multiple levels), I go to click on them and nothing happens - the menu disappears without going to the category page selected.  It's hit-or-miss - sometimes I'll get through, but most times I keep selecting and.... nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and, if so, what was the workaround/correction?  I really want to finish this up and get it live.  This problem is quite aggravating!  If I can't make a selection, then my customers can't and they'll either tie up our phone system with "I can't select anything on your website.." or they'll go elsewhere where our competitor's site isn't so "buggy"!

PLEASE HELP!!!
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-February-2016 at 6:06pm
Hi Mark,

You may want to try re-generating the menu from the v5 control panel.  Select the jQuery vertical option and see if that works.  If not, then I think you should open a ticket so we can have your store URL, etc.
kazooDev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kazooDev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2016 at 11:07am
Mark,

Sounds like you're describing the same issue as reported in this post.
http://forum.productcart.com/v5-jquery-menu-not-working-in-google-chrome_topic6064.html#22616

Our store is experiencing this as well, but only in Chrome.

Are you using Chrome only or is it happening in all browsers?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-February-2016 at 2:16pm
Matt - what the guys are describing here is something we came across as well.  

The post that kazooDev is referencing actally refers to this site:
http://www.justforcrafters.com/store/pc/home.asp

They have QuickView active. I can see it on my older Chrome (46.0.2490.80 m) but when I use a newer version, the QuickView button does not appear.

Our understanding is that this was reported to Google some versions back, fixed in a subsequent version, and broken yet again in another release.  We and others have reported it to Google.

I actually intended to report this directly to you when we discovered it so that you would be aware of it, and was distracted by other activities.
MGatESS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MGatESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2016 at 1:09pm
I sent in a problem ticket with NetSource.  They said that the development team were "working on it".  Wrote back that I needed something ASAP because management at my company was getting frustrated that it wasn't working.  He then e-mailed me a replacement SmoothMenu Javascript file (ddsmoothmenu.js) to replace the one on my web server.  Once I did that, the menu started working properly.

Maybe someone from NetSource could make this file available to everyone?

BTW: was having the problem on Google Chrome (Version 48.0.2564.109 m)

Edited by ProductCart - 19-February-2016 at 1:29pm
~ Mark G.

ESS, Inc. - www.endoscopy.com
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2016 at 1:31pm
Hi Mark - we are still reviewing this particular issue before updating the file in our Master Repo for the next release, just to make sure that there are no unintended consequences (e.g. with mobile or touch screen devices).
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic