ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

very odd- error loads root directory page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cruxwire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: very odd- error loads root directory page
    Posted: 06-October-2008 at 6:58pm
Hello everyone,

I just picked up a new client and walked right into a big fat mess.  I'm hoping someone can point me in a helpful direction.

This client uses ProductCart and Authorize.net to process orders.  After the customer enters their credit card info and clicks continue, if there is any error in their credit card info instead of getting an error page or an error message generated within the gwAuthorizeAIM.asp page, they get (hold onto your hat) a directory of the site's root folder.

So, it seems to me that the problem is in the way the error message is being generated.  However, I am a php person, not an asp person.  The code seems pretty logical, but I am just not finding the problem.

Can anyone give me any helpful advice?  I'll take anything.

Thanks,
Kim

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-October-2008 at 7:04pm
This is a server issue.

Tell the hosting company to change the settings to prevent directory contents from being browsed.

BTW, the client may have a hosting control panel that allows them to adjust this setting.

Edited by Greg Dinger - 06-October-2008 at 7:13pm
Cruxwire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cruxwire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-October-2008 at 7:06pm
Yes, I know I need to do that and I will, thank you.

It seems I still have another problem though, whatever it is that is causing ProductCart to load the directory page in the first place.  If I get the permissions set properly on the directory, then I'm guessing folks will still get the wrong page - a permission denied page - instead of the appropriate error message about their credit card number.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-October-2008 at 7:20pm
I'd probably be inclined to submit a support ticket and have EI look at the site.  It could be a site config issue, down-level code, or ???
Cruxwire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cruxwire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-October-2008 at 7:59pm
Wow, support ticket.  There's a concept.  I don't run across those in open source world.  Thanks for the reminder!

Support!  Wooooohooo!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic