ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Add-on's > QuickBooks Add-on
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which accounting system is better?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which accounting system is better?
    Posted: 12-May-2007 at 8:38am

Hi,

I am working as an IT manager at a small manufacturing business right now. They are currently using an archaic dos based accounting system. They have been using the same system for over 10 years, and they get by with it but they see it's time to update.

They are also using a very outdated inventory management system. I have proposed bringing in a complete ERP solution for them, and they are very into it. The only problem we're having now is deciding which accounting system to go with.

There's Accpac, but we don't really know very much about them, asides from the fact that it can go from moderately priced to very expensive in very little time.

Another option is Quickbooks, which seems much nicer priced for our business.

My question is what's so special about accpac? Where would I be losing out if I used Quickbooks along with a ERP software?

I'm very confused with this, and I hope someone will be able to help me out, or at least point me in the right direction.

moises View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moises Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-May-2007 at 7:17am

Find out why it is the one and only accounting system that is enabling finance teams everywhere the freedom to leave the office by 5:00. Visit us today online at http://www.integritymbs.com/, or call us at 1(888) 869-4090 Ext.705
Our Services include Implementation, Support, Training, Data Conversions & More. Supporting NY, NJ, CT & PA.

Cheers,

Stuck View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 5:55pm

Hello Mark50,

Best place to start is to ask how many simultaneous users will need access to your accounting system?

One of the Quickbooks versions will most likely handle your companies needs quite well.........they didn't become the #1 small business accounting software supplier by accident!

Another very important consideration is integration with your shopping cart program (ProductCart I presume).......manually entering your online orders into your accounting program is absolutely no fun at all if you rcv any kind of online ordering volume! It is typically much easier to integrate your shopping cart with Quickbooks due to the fact that it is so popular and there are more 3rd party integration programs available to choose from.

I would also highly suggest you take a look at the new Microsoft Small Business Accounting program designed to take a bite out of the Quickbooks market, it is quite impressive especially considering the price & uses either SQL Express or SQL 2005 as the DB thus it doesn't have the transaction capacity/# ofuser limitations which the Quickbooks Pro / Premier versions have putting it more inline with the higher priced Quickbooks Enterprise version for far less money!

Scotte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2007 at 7:00pm
Has anybody tried to integrated ProductCart with Microsoft Small Business Accounting?  I'm trying to decide with eCommerce shopping cart / accounting package to go with.  I would like to keep it as simple as possible and try to use Microsoft as my accounting vendor but I would like to know how difficult it will be to integrated it with my shopping cart.  On the items that are ordered, I want to automatically generate a purchase order for some of the vendors that I deal with.  Would this be possible using Microsoft Small Business Accounting and/or Quickbooks?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic