ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Suggestions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wholesale Pricing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leather_Treaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wholesale Pricing
    Posted: 08-November-2013 at 8:37am
Hello,

my suggestion would be a huge time saver if your using many products in your catalog. I added five tiers of pricing for my wholesale clients which is average but prices have to be applied to each product. I was shocked when I went to Update Product Prices and the five tiers of pricing were not added along side the Online Price, List Price, and Wholesale Price. To add the prices at the product level is very time consuming. Also if the the prices where all side by side for viewing, at a glance you could see a typo error or have a better look at the pricing scheme and make adjustments.

Thanks
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2013 at 11:22pm
This really isn't possible to do via the export/import features as the files involved are flat files ... and the potential number of tiers tiers is unknown. Online Price, List Price and Wholesale price are flat, but there's a one to many relationship between a product and how many tiers it could have for pricing.

The export/import features are complex, so adding this to them is not a good idea as a customization unless there is a known number of possible tiers that will never be exceeded.

To keep the number of tiers/product fluid would require an export/import feature just for this purpose.

Meanwhile, for some folks, it's possible that a workaround could be to use the Quantity Discounts by Category feature, with discount probably set up via percentage discounts. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic