ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

why do we get so many techErr.asp pages.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: why do we get so many techErr.asp pages.
    Posted: 25-February-2009 at 11:34am
I absolutely love product cart, but on the BTO products, when they are being added to the cart - we get so many  techErr.asp pages, it drives me crazy.  I don't understand why this is happening... could it have something to do with our hosting?!  Even the contact.asp page was giving all error pages today, but now it's back working again - why would that happen, it seems so random unless it has something to do with our hosting.

I would just like to know a list of reasons why someone would get the techErr page when using the add to cart button on BTO products... it's not certain configurations, that's NOT why it happens.  I'm hoping it's our hosting, otherwise - I see no rhyme or reason.
JWL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2009 at 11:35am
And, here's what I don't get it - I mean... the code doesn't change - so why does it go from working to not working at certain times... seems like it would have to be related to our hosting.... the contact form for instance - I saw people getting continual errors on our webs stats... so I went on there and got errors to when I tried to submit...

But, then I tried again later and the contact page worked - what else could explain that if I hadn't changed any code during that time, but something with the hosting.
caughlan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caughlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2009 at 1:30am
I had that exact problem until I contacted my host and they said my database wasn't large enough (so they changed it). When it happened again shortly thereafter she said she made another adjustment to the database for me and everything has been wonderfully fine since - i didn't ask what she did though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic