ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will Product cart work with this server?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2008 at 11:53am
Hi Jask,
  I've used Tollon for a shared hosting site, not the cheapest, but works well and support is fairly good. www.tollon.net
Jask View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jask Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2008 at 9:58am
cheers hamish,

can i ask what site(s) you have used it for? your experience of this company would be welcome.

did you have a dedicated server, virtual server, semi shared server???

(I have no idea of these things!)

thanks again
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2008 at 10:45am
Hi Jask,
  Just a single site there on shared hosting : www.chivesonline.co.uk
JoltDigital View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoltDigital Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-December-2008 at 8:45pm

You could also look at a VPS solution as a point between a shared site and dedicated. In addition you may want to look at mssql 2008 web edition. It is much cheaper than sql 2005 and can be run on windows 2008 web edition.

With previous version of windows and mssql on a dedicated server the cheapest license to run mssql were  windows 2003 standard and mssql 2005 workgroup edition. With the new scheme your licensing is around $45/month instead of around $120/month.

JoltDigital Inc.
1-888-785-5658
Premium ProductCart Hosting
bodyexposed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bodyexposed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-December-2008 at 7:37am
I use a shared Windows server and SQL server combination for my Productcart store, hosted by First Web. They are a UK company and the speed of their servers is fantastic. You can test it by visiting my store below, and get their pricing information at http://www.first-web.net/internet/
Richard Bonfield

Underwear store for men

http://www.bodyexposed.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic