ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XML export and Custom Search Fields

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphablu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XML export and Custom Search Fields
    Posted: 12-June-2011 at 9:51pm
Hi, i was wondering if the XML product export function under Reports>XML Tools Manager will export custom search fields. It isnt doing it for me but i dont know if i missed a checkbox or something.

What i want to do is export MPN, UPC, ISBN fields in the XML file.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-June-2011 at 11:13am
The "GetProductDetailsRequest" exports custom fields
alphablu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphablu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-June-2011 at 3:45pm
GetProductDetailsRequest isn't returning the custom search fields either, even requesting All gets everything but the custom fields. I know i have the field data applied, the UPC codes for example are searchable in the storefront.

I'm using ProductCart 3.51 by the way, don't know if there is a difference between versions.
alphablu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphablu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2011 at 4:23am
I think i see the problem here, the XML functions seem to be requesting and updating custom field data to a database table called "customfields" which is empty despite all the UPC data i added through the admin panel. The data i entered is stored in "PcSearchFields" and related tables as the wiki says it should be.

When i request product data through the XML export function it checks the empty customfields table and when i send new custom field data through XML its stored in customfields and is not visible through the admin page.

Is there a way i can fix this? it looks like some of the files involved are encrypted.
alphablu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphablu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2011 at 2:42pm
I'd appreciate it if either someone at EarlyImpact or another user on 3.51 who uses XML functions could shed some light on this,I have a little project on hold that depends on this functionality and i don't know if I've discovered a bug or maybe the last update to the store didn't replace some files properly or what.

Unfortunately i don't have a copy of the 3.5/3.51 updates to check against. Dead
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2011 at 3:38pm
It seems like you have a version of XML Tools that is referencing older tables.  I am not aware of any issues with this feature in the latest version.  So the best solution is to update to the current version.  If you are still having problems after you update please open a support ticket.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic