ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Either BOF or EOF is true...Error 3021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Either BOF or EOF is true...Error 3021
    Posted: 26-May-2016 at 10:40am
So, when I add a new product - I can edit it - assign it to a category, what-have-you.  However, when I try to preview the item from the edit page - I get the following error.  When I try to view the category that contains the new item, it gives the same error.  Oddly, I have looked in the database itself and see the item with all the information.  Anyone seen this one before?  I need to add several products but currently can't.

Date/Time: 5/26/2016
Session ID: 933999624
Error Number: 3021
Source: ADODB.Field
Description: Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

query=SELECT idDiscountperquantity FROM discountsperquantity WHERE idproduct=3848 and discountPerUnit<>0

Request Method: GET
Server Port: 80
HTTPS: off
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/50.0.2661.102 Safari/537.36
URL: /pc/viewCategories.asp
HTTP Headers: www.hottubsforless.com, en-US,en;q=0.8
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2016 at 11:18am
I guess the first question is what version store code are you running, and do you have an active support plan.  If you have a support plan, you probably want to submit a support request to the authors.

I'm suspecting that you have the "on error resume next" commented out in /tanningbeds/includes/opendb.asp.  That may have been done to debug something else, and was overlooked.  By removing the single quote from the beginning of that line you may be able to get rid of that error.

If you would like my assistance please call.  I might be interested in talking about a spa cover.
ron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2016 at 11:30am

I am on version PC v3.1  I checked earlier to see if the on error resume next was commented, but it isn't.  My opendb.asp follows, but you 
can see it's not commented.  It's odd - this only happens on new products that I am creating.  

<% 
on error resume next

'function to open your database connection
function openDB()

on error resume next
 set connTemp=server.createobject("adodb.connection")

'Open your connection 
 connTemp.Open scDSN  

if err.number <> 0 then
response.redirect "dbError.asp"
response.End()
 end if

end function

'function to close your database connection
function closeDB()
 on error resume next
 connTemp.close
 set connTemp=nothing
end function

%>
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-May-2016 at 1:05pm
Hi Ron,

Your database, or it's log, may be out of available space.

I think the most important thing to consider is that your software has likely not been updated in 7-10 years.

My recommendation is to contact us directly to bring the store up to date.

We have a hosted version of the software with free support and automatic updates.

So much has changed in the past decade that not updating software is a security risk.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic