ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Error : <LI>Shipping state/province does not match
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error : <LI>Shipping state/province does not match

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone85ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error : <LI>Shipping state/province does not match
    Posted: 08-June-2012 at 12:00pm
Hello,

I'm having trouble setting up my store with Beanstream as the payment gateway. In the test mode when I try and process an order after I input CC information is generates this error.

Error : <LI>Shipping state/province does not match country

I have the shipping information setup for Ontario, Canada.

Can someone tell me why this is being generated? Im running PC BTO 4.5b.

Thanks!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2012 at 3:19pm
I produced this error once while monkeying around trying to set the default country to something other than the store's ship from country (which is the value used for the default in the country drop downs), so this rather suggests that somehow you have a mismatch or bad data on your store's ship from country. Try re-saving you Shipping Settings to see if that clears this up.

The problem is that the state/province in the billing or shipping address isn't valid for the country in the mix here -- for example: Country = CA (Canada) but State/Province = NY (New York)
theone85ca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone85ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2012 at 4:38pm
Hey,

I tried that. That actually was my first thought. Any other thoughts?

***EDIT***

Do I need shipping options enabled?

Edited by theone85ca - 08-June-2012 at 4:45pm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2012 at 5:45pm
Could you provide a URL we can use to take a look?

Not having shipping options set up shouldn't cause this (the OPC should/would just skip over shipping).
< id="Siber_1" ="application/rf-chrome-plugin" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 0px; height: 0px; : fixed; display: block; ">

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone85ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2012 at 10:09pm
Yup. Try this.

http://in-exile.com/build/pc/configurePrd.asp?idproduct=134
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2012 at 10:44pm
I just went through checkout to the BeamStream payment page, no problem. I logged out, came back in as a returning registered user, and again no problem.

Let me guess at this: You are logging in with a customer account with Canada as country and a non-Canadian province as the state/province? It's gotta be something like that. Kill the customer record you're using and create a new one. There's nothing wrong with the application it self here.

BTW, you've got this nasty little problem on the site with HTTP vs HTTPS sessions:

See that thread for the easy fix.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone85ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2012 at 12:26pm
Hey Sean, 

Im still getting the error even after deleting the account and recreating a new one. Did you put CC information in and hit Place order? That's where I'm getting the error.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2012 at 1:37pm
Whoa! Now I see. You got me here. This is the last place I'd expect to see an error like that.

Looks like it's EI support ticket time.

Edited by Sean@WMS - 09-June-2012 at 1:37pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone85ca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2012 at 1:39pm
Damn it!

$200 just to fix something like this is frustrating after you paid $1500 for it in the first place. *Sigh* not much else you can do!

I REALLY appreciate your help!

Nick
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2012 at 2:27pm
Hi Nick,

Well, given that it occurs after submitting the cc info from the BeamStream gateway page, I'll venture that it's a bug in that gateway integration. Doesn't even make sense to me how/why that error message would be generated outside of the OPC.

If you want to PM me your config info for BeamStream, I'll run a test on 4.5b stock code for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic