FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Search BTO items (oh help)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2008 at 10:15am
Hi, 
BTO ITEMS are NOT directly visible in the store.
There is a good rational for that.
If, say, you are selling PC's and one of the options is the power supply, you may or may not sell power supplies as individual items, but you would not want a search for the power supply in question retuning a list of the PC's that could possibly use it amongst the list of power supplies you sell.

Looking at your store I think you should change "Mobile Hardware" to a category and not a BTO product and then put the other items as products within the category.
For example the MC9090 would become a BTO PRODUCT (not an item) and the pre-paid support could become a BTO ITEM available within that product and/or be sold as a separate product, perhaps utilising cross-selling.

HTH  
jenbeast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-August-2008 at 4:57pm
I'm having a problem where my BTO items are not showing up when you search on the site.

The site is activant-direct.com and all the products are BTO products. When you search for "mobile hardware" you get one result which is correct. But if you "continue" to see the BTO items listed within "mobile hardware" you'll see the first item is the Motorola MC9090. If you go back and search on that (MC9090) it returns no results. Even if I search for the SKU of that item I get no results!

How can I get the search to search ALL the products I have in the store including the BTO items??

It seems a simple thing what could I be missing? OY

Please save me, thanks!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic