ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Customizing UPS Shipping Calcuations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Customizing UPS Shipping Calcuations
    Posted: 21-January-2016 at 5:07pm

Looking for a reminder on which page(s) control the UPS shipping calculation so I can add a modification.

Looking to add a modification that adds $4.50 per package to compensation for the fees UPS is charging us per box (i.e. signature required, delivery confirmation service)

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2016 at 5:15pm
Hi dwatch,

Most versions of ProductCart allow you to add the fee via the control panel.

You would go to "Shipping > Add or View Shipping Services > UPS" and click "Services".

dwatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2016 at 5:27pm
Matt, thank you for the reply.  Productcart built in lets you add Fees per shipment, but not per package.  UPS charges these fees per package.  So when and order has multiple packages shipment become exponentially wrong as package number increases.
dwatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2016 at 1:34pm
Matt, just circling back, you can tell me the asp pages that control this stuff so I can check it out.
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2016 at 2:32pm
ProductCart returns the total rate that includes all of the fees. It should be identical to what you pay if you walk into a UPS Store.  You are correct that our additional fee feature is per order.  So if you wanted to add padding per package you'd need to customize the file "UPSShipRates.asp".
dwatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2016 at 2:33pm
thank you.
dwatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2016 at 2:46pm

My plan is to add code that multiplies the number of packages x the additional fees value, to add the correct amount to UPS to account for fees per box, that UPS charges, instead of fee per shipment.

Edited by dwatch - 03-February-2016 at 2:47pm
dwatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2016 at 2:49pm
Matt, can you tell me which file adds the handling fee set on UPS OnLine Tools Shipping Configuration Page to the actual shipping amount total for the order.
dwatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2016 at 3:28pm

So what I'd like to try to do is find where the "serviceHandlingFee" is added to front and back end of orders, so that I can multiply the serviceHandlingFee set for the shipping service by the number of packages on the order, and add that number to the integrated rate.

I.E. the built in handling fee per shipping option becomes a "per package" fee, instead of a per shipment fee, which better matches how UPS adds fees, as they add fees per package, not per shipment.  so if you add delivery confirmation and signature required to a shipment, UPS charges per package, and currently productcart  built-in shipping integration rate return does not account for this.

dwatch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2016 at 4:01pm

I was able to change the back end (edit order view real time rates) already, but need file location on the front end (shipping cart side)

I pulled ordPackagenum to checkRealtimeRates.asp and I changed the following code:

Changed ---

tempRate=(cDbl(tempRate)+cDbl(serviceHandlingFee))

to

multipleboxhandlingfee=cDbl(servicehandlingfee)*cDbl(dwgordPackageNum)
 tempRate=(cDbl(tempRate)+cDbl(multipleboxhandlingfee))

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic