ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart Build To Order > Using BTO
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Search BTO items

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBP Limited Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Search BTO items
    Posted: 24-September-2009 at 5:01am
Hi,

I have numerous products in hidden sections. I use these products as BTO items for BTO products.

Is it possible for the BTO items to be returned in the search results?

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Wayne.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2009 at 5:10am
Hi Wayne,
    If you customized the code then yes, however, there is no point as the BTO items are not available to either view or purchase on their own.

If you wish to sell the BTO items on their own then make them products instead and they can still be used in a BTO configuration.
If you just want them to assist in the search pointing to the main product then custom search fields is the way to go : http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/productcart/search_fields_widget    
RBP Limited View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBP Limited Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-September-2009 at 5:24am
Thanks for the quick reply.

The image below shows how I have certain BTO products setup. The options in this case are actually products.

Instead of adding all the products as standard products I thought I'd create a single BTO product and add all the products as options. So ideally I would like happen is when someone searchs for a ME-4510VA this page is listed in the results.

Thanks again

Wayne.

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-September-2009 at 1:43am
This is currently not supported, but there is a workaround. Add those names to the long product description (copy and paste from the configuration page), and they will be found when a search is performed.

Then, add a short description to the BTO product - which will not contain all those names - and check the option to skip the product details page. The long product description with all the names (which you might not want to show as it would probably look like redundant information) will not be shown (since it is not shown on the configuration page), but it will help achieve your goal, I believe.

Give it a try and see if this works (we have not tried, sorry, we are crazy-busy finishing up a new release). It should work.

Cheers!
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic