ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A problem with check out.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razor150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A problem with check out.
    Posted: 12-July-2011 at 12:43pm
I have one customer who is in the Philippines who likes to pay with PayPal and have her order shipped to her sister in California. The last 2 times she's ordered she has received this error message.

• Error 10474
  • Error Description: Invalid Data
  • Error Source: This transaction cannot be processed. The shipping country is not allowed by the buyer's country of residence.
Is there a setting I am missing that is causing this? I've tried recreating this error with no luck.

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2011 at 4:55pm
Is she receiving this message in the store or from Paypal. Either your store is setup not to offer this country the shipping option (in shipping settings) or it is setup that way in paypal.

I suspect it is your store. You can control which countries are offered shipping options in the shipping settings.

Nigel

Edited by intour - 13-July-2011 at 4:55pm
Innerview
Productcart Platinum Reseller
Web Design/Hosting/Virtual Tours
razor150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razor150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-July-2011 at 6:12pm
Thanks for the reply intour.

She receives the message from our store, so I believe it is the store settings as well. She has been able to order from us in the past, she is a frequent customer. This only started when we upgraded to 4.1 (we're on SP2). When I try to reproduce the error I am able to do test orders that are billed from the Philippines that ship to the US even using PayPal. The only problem I receive is I do not get all the shipping options. Which is weird in and of itself, since it only happens when the billing is from the Philippines. I have been able to reproduce that in Early Impact's demo cart. I've opened a ticket and was told the problem was outside of Product Cart. *shrug*

As far as not allowing the shipping area, we're based in the US, Washington state, and she wants to ship to the US, California. We ship to California daily. I've checked shipping settings, we aren't disallowing anywhere. The zip code validator is turned off, and we have zero zip codes entered. If for some reason product cart is going off of the billing address we have international shipping options for the Philippines.

edit: Just thought I would add, she is able to choose a shipping option. She only receives the error when trying to submit the order. So it creates an incomplete order.

Edited by razor150 - 13-July-2011 at 6:22pm
rotokirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2011 at 2:05am
Having the same issue here, but with a customer based in China. 

Is this an issue with 4.1SP2, or maybe with Paypal Express Checkout?

Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery
Chicago > IL > US
http://rotofugi.com
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2011 at 4:05am
That error message is directly from PayPal.  The country code in the shipping address must match the buyer's country of residence.  I think it is for fraud prevention.  Please contact PayPal for more information.
rotokirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2011 at 12:18pm
Thanks Matt. The frustrating part is that customers are able to send Paypal direct as a workaround. 

Guess I'll look at all the details and try to figure out where the mismatch is happening. ;)
Chicago > IL > US
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2011 at 3:08pm
I do not think there is a "mismatch" you can fix.  It is clear that Express Checkout does not allow different billing and shipping countries in some cases.  I'd contact PayPal for more information. 

Edited by Matt - 14-September-2011 at 3:09pm
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2011 at 4:13pm
Hi,
   A transaction on your store and a direct paypal payment are different things. With the direct payment the customer logs into paypal and sends you some money. Paypal don't know what for and certainly don't know about addresses etc, so there is nothing they can do in terms of fraud prevention, other than their normal security/login checks etc.
With an e-commerce transaction a lot more data is available to them, such as the delivery address, so they can (and do) put stricter rules in place!

rotokirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2011 at 5:54pm
I spoke to a very helpful representative at Paypal this afternoon and they couldn't tell, for sure, why the transactions were flagged and denied....but they're looking into it.

Thanks guys.
Chicago > IL > US
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic