ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Disabling "require login" for returning custs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2009 at 11:59pm
Thanks Matt!  I really hope it makes it into v4. I think it is a real gain for Product Cart adding to it's already superior features list!! If the numbers I have seen from Research Firms about Guest checkouts are even half true, that feature could translate into more sales of Product cart if the feature is included.
Matty-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matty-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2009 at 11:13am
I have to echo DavidH's sentiments.  Even though I, personally, have no issue with the current structure, my client for whom I host ProductCart noticed immediately the inability to reorder without logging into to an account.  Certainly, there is a segment of Internet shoppers that eschew accounts and just want the simplicity of plugging in their address and payment information and then completing their purchase.  None of us here may be a part of that group, but it does exist.  My client was very disappointed after shelling out big bucks for an otherwise fantastic shopping cart that it didn't offer the option he knows some shoppers want.  My guess is that a subset of older shoppers want the "anonymity" of not creating an account.

In the end we decided to skip the hack (I wasn't happy with the Rube Goldberg solution), and just accepted that it isn't an option.

Regardless, I'm very happy with Early Impact support and ProductCart's extensive capabilities.
Matty-CT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matty-CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-March-2009 at 11:15am
I would like to see it implemented in future as an option, even if it is a discouraged option!
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2009 at 5:41am
We've certainly not ignored the feedback that we have received on this topic over the last few years. The only reason why this is not yet part of ProductCart is that it is such a substantial re-write of major portions of the storefront, that it could not be part of a simple "update".

"Guest Checkout" and "One-Page Checkout" are both high on the development roadmap for ProductCart v4, which we are currently working on.

This is truly an area where we are victim of the breadth of our own software Embarrassed
The very high number of features that affect the checkout process have made the project full of hurdles that need to be overcome.

We'll keep you posted!
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2009 at 2:59pm

I would love to offer Quick Checkout with no account required.  Even people using this forum don't always log in or want to create an account.  I just noticed that there are about 26 active users right now and I am the only one who has signed in.  Who

www.TheSleepShop.com
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2009 at 4:02pm
Hi Loracady,
   There's a huge difference between browsing a forum and making a purchase online :-)
As per Matt's post though, this is something that is high on the wish list for V4.

loracady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loracady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2009 at 4:33pm
Touché, Hamish!  You are correct!  Don't get me wrong- I still love my ProductCart!  But I do get a lot of weirdos who don't want to give me an email address or create an account. 
www.TheSleepShop.com
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2009 at 5:21pm
Hi,
    As a stopgap add a link to http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=temporary+email+addresses on your store.  For the truly paranoid about email :-)
The only problem with a temporary email address is they usually expire after a short time, sometimes within hours. 

(Warning - wierdo moment moment coming up :-)   )
What will they do about delivery addresses and credit cards though - surely far more secret info :-O !!  (Although it's usually a payment gateway that handles the CC info).

BUT WAIT, that could be being faked ... OMG! 
Best to go to a bricks and mortar store, wearing a hat & dark glasses, double back a few times, leap on a subway train at the very last second.  Change the hat and glasses and reverse that reversible jacket....  Sneak into the store by the side entrance and pay cash (non sequential used bills of course) :-D

Although how they would hide a bed under their jacket on their journey home, now there's the rub!

Still, customers are customers & if that's what your customers want.
I was going to say about putting a email/privacy statement on your store, but I see you have that already as well as lots of other reassuring things such as the comodo image as well as providing a phone number they can call.

mimpoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimpoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-March-2009 at 12:22pm
I have many customers who would really love to have one step checkout and are seeing a very high dropout rate during checkout. What is the estimated date for v4.0
ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-March-2009 at 5:20am
We are shooting for an "end of summer" release for ProductCart v4. Probably early September 2009.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic