ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emails - Anyone ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emails - Anyone ??
    Posted: 01-August-2008 at 11:01am
Perhaps I'm overlooking it in the manual, but I cannot seem to find the answer this question:

When an email is sent to the customer (goes for all emails), at the bottom the company name is automatically inserted. Is there a way to add the address, phone number and website?
The same goes for the email send to the drop shippers and all other outgoing emails...

Also...
When sending out an order confirmation, the line-up of pricing is terrible..
I know tables cannot be used here but has anyone figured out how to get the pricing aligned nicely?

Edited by worldofrugs - 04-August-2008 at 12:58pm
worldofrugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2008 at 12:49pm
No one has an answer to this?
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2008 at 1:07pm
Paul, are you asking about this?
Dear <CUSTOMER_NAME>
Thank you for shopping at <COMPANY>.
We received your order on <TODAY_DATE>. Your order number is <ORDER_ID>.
Note that this is not an order confirmation. You will receive a detailed confirmation message once your order has been processed. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account at <COMPANY_URL>/productcart/pc/custpref.asp
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for being a <COMPANY> customer.
Best Regards,
<COMPANY>

If so, you could just type in as plain text the additional information your require on the e-mail settings display.

There is a similar textarea block where you can manage the content of the drop shipper e-mail.  And my Drop Ship HTML PO add-on allows extensive formatting control of the outgoing message.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2008 at 2:01pm
Hi Greg, thanks for the reply...
No, that's not the part I'm referring to....

1st issue is at the bottom of the email below: Thank you for shopping at <company name>
This part I cannot change in the email settings at the place you described. Really would like to have our address & website mentioned there

for the 2nd issue:
Look at the prices... Not lined up at all... This is how it also shows in the emails...

Here's an example of the email being send:
------------------------------------------
Dear Test Customer

We wanted to let you know that order number 18 that you placed on 8/4/2008 has been processed and will be shipped soon.

This is your order confirmation. Order details are listed below.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Billing Information
===================
Test Customer
WOR
address
City, GA 12345
US
123-456-7890
test@email.com

Shipping Information
====================
Test Customer
WOR
address
City, GA 12345
US
123-456-7890

Shipping Method: UPS Ground
Number of Packages: 1

ORDER DETAILS                                     UNIT PRICE     TOTAL
======================================================================
QTY            1
SKU            12345test
PRODUCT        test
PRICE                                                $123.00   $123.00

Subtotal:    $123.00
                                             Handling Fees:      $4.50
                                                 =====================
                                                     Total:    $127.50

Thank you for shopping at World of Rugs & Furniture.
--------------------------
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2008 at 3:29pm
Hi Paul,
   Just a quick 2 cents worth on the second point. It's a font issue - With a fixed width font such as Courier it aligns nicely.

ORDER DETAILS                                     UNIT PRICE     TOTAL
======================================================================
QTY            1
SKU            12345test
PRODUCT        test
PRICE                                                $123.00   $123.00

Subtotal:    $123.00
                                             Handling Fees:      $4.50
                                                 =====================
                                                     Total:    $127.50

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2008 at 3:33pm
Thanks on that part Hamish!
Wish there was a way to force that font on the email, but as it it plain text, I guess not Cry
At least I know now, why..
Thanks!
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2008 at 3:57pm
I happen to know (vague recollection + forum search) Greg has done some custom code in the past to send HTML email  - So he's the man to talk to on this one Big%20smile

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2008 at 4:16pm
Guys, remember that the alignment problem is dependent on the e-mail client. In most e-mail clients, the e-mails look just fine and the values are lined up. However, if an e-mail client is setup to default to a non-fixed width font, then the problem will appear. In the vast majority of cases, this is not an issue.

Switching to all HTML e-mails is unfortunately not a simple project. Multi-part messages including both text and HTML would have to be sent, to account for the fact that customers might have their e-mail client setup not to view messages in HTML and/or the e-mail component used on the server might not support HTML.

Considering that literally dozens of e-mails are created dynamically and sent by ProductCart in all sorts of scenarios, this is not a small project.
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2008 at 4:25pm
I don't have an issue with it not being lined up at times.  The customer still can read it, plus the message size is small and does not take long to download.  Some customers prefer text format.  Here is how I see it.  The customer sees a pretty invoice online and can print it from there, plus he/she can always log in a print one later.  So it is all there in a pretty format so why bother about the email format.  I've seen some carts that have a link in the email to a formated version of the invoice.  Some even attach pdf formats to the email.  Cute, but I can do without.  In the worst case I can still physically mail or even fax a copy of the invoice.  I think I faxed one last year, that's how seldom that happens.
Katharina
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2008 at 5:05pm
Hi,
   Good points in the last couple of posts. :-)  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic