ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emails - Anyone ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-August-2008 at 4:51pm
Thanks all for clearing up the issue with the lineup for the prices etc...
I've checked it on several email clients and they use standard a fixed font.. Indeed, nicely showing Wink

About the 1st issue: "Adding address, etc.." to the bottom of the emails...
I figured out that there's not one part where this can be done, however I did find out where it can be done...
For the normal emails to the customers, I have modified the following files:
emailsettings.asp, customerOrderConfirmEmail.asp, inc_PartShipEmail.asp, pcPay_GoogleCheckout_CustomerEmail.asp, sendmailCustomerProcessed.asp and Languages.asp

For example in emailsettings.asp, this is my new code -->

private const scReceivedEmail="Dear <CUSTOMER_NAME><br><br>Thank you for shopping at <COMPANY>.<br><br>We received your order on <TODAY_DATE>. Your order number is <ORDER_ID>.<br><br>Note that this is not an order confirmation. You will receive a detailed confirmation message once your order has been processed. You can check the status of your order by logging into your account at <COMPANY_URL>/productcart/pc/custpref.asp<br><br>If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.<br><br>Thank you for being a <COMPANY> customer.<br><br>Best Regards,<br><COMPANY><br><COMPANY_Address><br><COMPANY_City>, <COMPANY_State> - <COMPANY_Zip><br><COMPANY_PhoneNumber><br><COMPANY_URL>"

In order to have these variables added in here I also had to modify sendmailCustomerProcessed.asp, and added:
personalmessage=replace(personalmessage,"<COMPANY_PhoneNumber>",scCompanyPhoneNumber)
personalmessage=replace(personalmessage,"<COMPANY_Address>",scCompanyAddress)
personalmessage=replace(personalmessage,"<COMPANY_City>",scCompanyCity)
personalmessage=replace(personalmessage,"<COMPANY_State>",scCompanyState)
personalmessage=replace(personalmessage,"<COMPANY_Zip>",scCompanyZip)

In the same file I also changed this line:
customerEmail=customerEmail & dictLanguage.Item(Session("language")&"_sendMail_36") & scCompanyName & "." & vbCrLf & vbCrLf

to:
customerEmail=customerEmail & dictLanguage.Item(Session("language")&"_sendMail_36") & vbCrLf & scCompanyName & vbCrLf & scCompanyAddress & vbCrLf & scCompanyCity & ", " & scCompanyState & " - " & scCompanyZip & vbCrLf & scCompanyPhoneNumber & vbCrLf & scStoreURL & vbCrLf

That last part is changed in most of the other files I mentioned...

I am still going through the emails, as I also like to change it with the emails to the drop-shippers, etc...

I'll update the list here of files I changed to add the address, phone number and website to the bottom of the emails, under the Company Name that is standard included.
If someone knows already what other files I can modify (for drop shippers, etc..), please let me know... Clap

angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2008 at 8:26am

I've noticed a spacing problem. When I have a order in 4 digit currency (i.e. BDT4,000.00), it removes first character from currency code (i.e. BDT to DT). Likewise when the order is in 5 digit (i.e. BDT15,000.00), it removes first 2 characters from currency code (i.e. BDT to T).

Example:

ORDER DETAILS                                     UNIT PRICE     TOTAL
======================================================================
QTY       1
SKU       Center Table-ST 002
PRODUCT   Center Table
PRICE                                             DT4,000.00DT4,000.00

Subtotal:DT4,000.00
                                           Shipping Charges: BDT100.00
                                                 =====================
                                                      Total:DT4,100.00

How to solve this?
Sultan Arefin
www.chorka.com
rotokirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotokirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2008 at 6:56pm
Has anyone been able to move the tracking number information from the bottom of the email to the top? I find that a lot of our customers don't see the tracking number at all.

Also, I'd love to also include a tracking link in the email. Currently we give the generic links to USPS and UPS tracking, but the customer has to copy and paste the tracking number.
Rotofugi Designer Toy Store & Gallery
Chicago > IL > US
http://rotofugi.com
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-October-2008 at 7:52pm
I've been doing the same, and love to see a click able link.  I would further love to see it in the back end for us and for the customer as well. 
Katharina
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic