ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Errors logging in after migrating to new server...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Errors logging in after migrating to new server...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Errors logging in after migrating to new server...
    Posted: 15-February-2010 at 10:42am
All seemd to go well after migrating to a new server - able to browse pages, categories, add productst to cart - EXCEPT for when trying to login:

On the main cart login <SERVER>productcart/pc/Checkout.asp?cmode=1
... after attempting to login, this message appears:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An error has occured in this store. We apologize for the inconvenience.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...and the query string show:
<SERVER>productcart/pc/techErr.asp?error=Error+in+DBsv+3%3A+

-AND-

On the Control Panel login <SERVER>productcart/admin/login_1.asp
...shows the ProductCart End User License Agreement with the checkbox and "Submit" button. Ticking checkbox and clicking the "Submit" returns to the same login page with end user agreement.

I believe I've followed all the 'moving to a new server' instructions from the wiki - i.e. Step 2 of the Product Activation Wizard show success with Enabled Parent Paths, Folder permissions and Database connection string, etc...

There is obviously some amiss however.

Using ProductCart v3.03

Any advice, suggestions greatly appreciated.

SCM

Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 10:50am
3.03 or 4.03?  I'm going to guess that was a typo and you have the latest version.  If so, I'll further guess that you need permissions on the PCADMIN/CPLOGS folder.

If really v3.03, please confirm.
SCM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 10:56am
Yes, confimed - ProductCart v3.03

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 11:03am
OK, then please make certain that your CPlogs folder has the correct permissions.  As you attempt to log in, the system is recording a log entry to that location.  If your permissions are not set, the write fails and precisely what you are seeing is what can be predicted to happen.
SCM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 11:43am
I very much appreciate the assistance... however, I do not see any folder named "CPlogs" in my productcart directory.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 11:48am
It should be in the pcadmin folder, or whatever you renamed that folder.  If it is not in there, you have an incomplete install.
SCM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 12:03pm

Currently, I have a fully functioning PC cart on a server that will be disabled in the near future. Neither this functioning PC cart. or the new server PC cart (with the errors) contain the folder "CPlogs". Both folders are identical on each server mentioned above, and as follows:

ProductCart\mgcsadmin\
images\
importlogs\
licenses\
newslists\
productWizard\
uploadresize\

Thanks again for the help...

SCM
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 12:06pm
I have a similar issue on a 4.0 SP3 site after renaming the pcadmin folder. After renaming that folder I get the issue with the checkbox when attempting to get to the cp login. I get this on FireFox on two computers, on IE 6 on one, but not in IE 8 on the other. My client, however, doesn't have any issue at all here.

Just for good measure, I followed Greg's observation here and have comfirmed that the CPLogs folder has modify permissions.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 12:09pm
SCM, I can't imagine how the store would be running successfully without the CPLogs folder, but I'd suggest the following.

Please create a CPLogs folder in your admin, set write permissions per the WIKI, and see if that helps things.  If still unsuccessful, and unless your host is familiar with PC, I'd suggest submitting a support ticket to Early Impact.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 12:26pm
OY, just got a note from Mark who pointed out that I overlooked your confirmation that you really are on v3.03.  Yikes!  That is really old.

CPLogs was not introduced until v3.10 or so, so that's not the issue.

You are going to need to edit a couple files.  See this article: http://wiki.earlyimpact.com/how_to/show_raw_errors

Once you have commented out the first “on error resume next” statement in includes/opendb.asp and pcadmin/adminv.asp  you should see some more-specific errors. Please post them here.

Also, v3.03 is REALLY OLD and contains security issues.  Please do not reveal publicly here the URL to your store, and please make plans to get your store upgraded.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic