ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Getting Started
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Errors logging in after migrating to new server...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Errors logging in after migrating to new server...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 12:32pm
I very much appreciate your assistance with my problem, and will continue to experiment with the permissions. If I still cannot find success, I will contact Early Impact as suggested.

SCM
SCM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 1:09pm
Thanks for the update... I will see if I can get more specific errors by making the changes you suggested, and per the wiki.

And Yikes indeed! I just took over this project 3 days ago, so I'm rapidly getting up to speed... so, an update is definately in order.

I will post the error(s) here as soon as I can reproduce them.

SCM

SCM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 1:26pm
Commented out the first “on error resume next” statement in: includes/opendb.asp

There were no “on error resume next” statements in:  pcadmin/adminv.asp 

Attempt to login to storefront produced this error (from error logs - storefront produced 500 internal server error):

/productcart/pc/login.asp lmode=2|50|80040e2f|Cannot_insert_the_value_NULL_into_column_'idDbSession'__table_'STORE.dbo.pcCustomerSessions';_column_does_not_allow_nulls._INSERT_fails. 80

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 1:31pm
Hi SCM,

If I were in your spot, I would proceed with upgrading. That will very likely solve your login issue too.

Just a heads up, but if the store you are working on is way back to 3.0.3, then you will have a multi-step upgrade.

You should upgrade to at least 3.51 for security concerns alone. Whether you want to go all the way to v4 SP3 or wait until v4.1 is released, I'll leave for you to deliberate.
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 1:47pm
It sounds like there may be a difference in the database between old and new host. 
Before you take any further action could you please determine what database you had at the old host, and what you have now? 

Who is the new host?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 1:48pm
BTW, by database I mean SQL 2000, 2005 or 2008.
SCM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 2:11pm
Understood...

Current (working): 9.0.2050
New (problems): 9.00.1399.06

So, it looks like both are 2005, and the current (working) has SP1.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by SCM SCM wrote:

Commented out the first “on error resume next” statement in: includes/opendb.asp

There were no “on error resume next” statements in:  pcadmin/adminv.asp 

Attempt to login to storefront produced this error (from error logs - storefront produced 500 internal server error):

/productcart/pc/login.asp lmode=2|50|80040e2f|Cannot_insert_the_value_NULL_into_column_'idDbSession'__table_'STORE.dbo.pcCustomerSessions';_column_does_not_allow_nulls._INSERT_fails. 80

Hi SCM, just had a closer look at your error here and there does seem to be something amis with your database transfer. The error here is essentially saying that the db can't create the primary key for the pcCustomerSessions table; however, that value should be auto incremented. Apparently that is the problem -- it's not incrementing, so it therefore has no value, but as the primary key it can't be NULL either.

What method did you use to migrate your database?
SCM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 2:44pm
Sean... I think you're right - I think I'm missing some (all?) PKs.

Let me see if I can get a correct backup (... right now, I'm limited to access via SSMS 2005 (... as the previous developer has disappeared, and I don't have access to the backup directory on that server).

SCM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2010 at 2:53pm
Make sure the old  host performs a backup via SQL Studio and provides to you a .BAK file.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic