ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FedEx Shipping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2008 at 6:32pm
I'm not using FedEx, because of their lousy service.  Plus it is run by contractors out here making it even worse.  Anyway, when I click on add FedEx it asks me for a FedEx account number.    I know it will not work without it.  Check in your shipping section and look for FedEx Settings and Preferences, not Services like Ground etc. 
Katharina
leomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2008 at 6:38pm
That could be my problem...i am never getting to that page because of my permissions problem on the server. Calling the host now.
leomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2008 at 10:04pm
well, the permissions fixed the other error but the FedEx rates are still not being returned.

Now when i removed the entire FedEx stuff, and added it again, it actually allowed me to finish adding it... as it say: "You have successfully configured FedEx."

I still don't see a place to enter any account info for FedEx. This is pretty much the only thing i can set for the settings...

Can anyone from EI share some light on this? Please?

Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2008 at 11:22pm
This is a message that has been on our support page since 2006.
http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/support/#updates

This of course does not apply to v3, which supports a robust FedEx integration.

6.19.06 - FedEx rates not being returned.
If your store is using FedEx as one of the shipping providers, the store will no longer be able to retrieve shipping rates from the FedEx Web site. This is because it is no longer possible to obtain shipping rates via HTTP requests, which was the technique used by ProductCart v2.7x. The change on the FedEx Web site that has caused this is outside of our control. FedEx now only allows rates to be retrieved via their API.
leomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2008 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

This is a message that has been on our support page since 2006.
http://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/support/#updates

This of course does not apply to v3, which supports a robust FedEx integration.

6.19.06 - FedEx rates not being returned.
If your store is using FedEx as one of the shipping providers, the store will no longer be able to retrieve shipping rates from the FedEx Web site. This is because it is no longer possible to obtain shipping rates via HTTP requests, which was the technique used by ProductCart v2.7x. The change on the FedEx Web site that has caused this is outside of our control. FedEx now only allows rates to be retrieved via their API.

So we can't use FedEx, we have to use other means to ship? Or can we upgrade our cart to use the API? Thanks.

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2008 at 4:43pm
Seems like it - but it was down to FedEx who made the changes. The upgrade process is painless, unless you made significant mods. In which case it's a matter of checking if the files you modified are included in the upgrade and, if necessary, re-applying your changes. It's usually a straight forward process if you use a good file comparison tool.

katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2008 at 4:54pm
It's a big upgrade, but worse it.  EI charges for the big upgrades, so you have to buy it.  The upgrades in between are always free.  In any case you will love the new version.  It has so many new features.  I'm always telling people they are getting a store like the big ones at an affordable price.  The upgrade to 3 was coming out 2 years ago.  They are working on 3.5 now, which is supposed to be even better.  Can't wait.
Katharina
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2008 at 6:58pm
Hi Katharina  "worse it" - do you mean "worth it" Wink - We certainly thought so.
katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2008 at 9:02pm
And that darn spell checker was supposed to catch that one!  LOL 
Thanks for the correction.
Katharina
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic