ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Customizing Product Bundle Page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardmills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Customizing Product Bundle Page
    Posted: 25-September-2006 at 8:18pm
Hi There

I'm experimenting with the Product Bundle function to create a layout for greeting card assortments that we're going to be selling. Here's a link to a sample page:

My question is, how difficult would it be to go into the code to delete or change the text that begins "Check the check boxes next to the additional" and delete the "required accessory" check box?

It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult.

Thanks for your feedback.

ed

Edited by edwardmills - 25-September-2006 at 8:19pm
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2006 at 1:40am
Hello Ed,

You will find this text in the file "includes/languages.asp".

edwardmills View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardmills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2006 at 10:20am
Thanks Matt

I'll take a look at it later today.

ed
caughlan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caughlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2006 at 5:25pm
I've been trying to do the same thing today... but eliminating the (*) has eluded me. I ultimately deleted the graphic from the server, but have yet to locate where the symbols "( " and ") " are to delete them.

The cs_img and cs files aren't helping me either.

BUT what I'd really like to remove is the table cells that are generated to hold this text - can't find the details anywhere!

If you figure that out, I'd love to know!

s
edwardmills View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwardmills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-September-2006 at 6:48pm
Yup. That was my next question. Changing the text was easy enough. But the asterix and the checkbox look a bit strange. Does anyone out there know where to find those in the code so they can be zapped?

Thanks
ed
caughlan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caughlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2006 at 11:37am
Use the cs_img.asp file to control the check-box.

I've tried going through the admin files that generate the cross-selling features, but after looking at the code I still can't find a way to turn off the * or eliminate the table cells.

good luck

s
MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2006 at 4:01pm
Hi all

to remove the * - create an image file to replace it with the same name that has your page background and no asterisk.   Then upload it to the same location as the original on your server.

cheers
Mark
caughlan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caughlan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2006 at 4:10pm
Removing the img is the easy part (I just deleted it)... its the ( and ) that's around it that is eluding me - I should have clarified that locating the source code that calls on the * in the first place is the goal...

S

MarkCoyle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkCoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2006 at 4:22pm
I believe it is viewprdcode.asp near the bottom.

This is called by all of the viewprd.asp files.

cheers
Mark
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-September-2006 at 4:24pm
Thats right Mark! Its on viewPrdCode.asp around line 1925.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic