ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Improving ProductCart for phone ordering

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Improving ProductCart for phone ordering
    Posted: 12-August-2006 at 1:42am

Hi Everyone,

I am recently working on a add-on from where admin can order on behalf of customer quickly on phone.

Focus of all functionality is more on the ability to add products quickly to cart and quickly checkout.

I forgot to mention, I have almost completed the script, and working on GUI, I should have it ready in 1-2 days.

Any suggestions for features?

Regards,
Sawan

Edited by sawan - 12-August-2006 at 3:04am
Sawan S Ruparel
sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-August-2006 at 5:48am

Hi,

Sorry guys for a long break. Here is an update to the mod.

This is what i expect will happen:

1. potential Customer calls
2. admin asks for a product to order, and search for it (frame 1)
3. result is showed on right side (frame 2)
4. quantity box can be filled and click on add to cart
5. the page on top (frame 3) will be refreshed with the added items in cart
6. When you click on checkout button on top frame, the usual checkout process begins and can be talked over phone to place an order
7. anytime in between checkout, if a new product needs to be added, Frame 1 and Frame 2 will still remain to provide this facility.

This can be used in call centers to place orders.

Sawan S Ruparel
sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2006 at 9:05am

Suggestions anyone?

Sawan S Ruparel
netprofits View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2006 at 9:28am

Looks really good! A couple notes...

1. You'll need to be careful what step of the checkout your in if you try to add more products to the cart. If you're at or beyond shipping, you would need to jump back to that step to have correct shipping calculated.

2. If the more details button in Frame 2 is pressed, would the product display in that frame? (Its pretty small). If it opens in a new window you'll need to be careful about the user clicking Add To Cart from the new window.

3. Is there a header or footer that allows a user to navigate to other sections of the control panel?

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-August-2006 at 9:38am
Originally posted by netprofits netprofits wrote:

Looks really good! A couple notes...

1. You'll need to be careful what step of the checkout your in if you try to add more products to the cart. If you're at or beyond shipping, you would need to jump back to that step to have correct shipping calculated.

Thanks. Actually when someone adds product to cart when the checkout process is at shipping, he will be pulled back to the cart page and then proceed. The customer would be logged in by that time so no need to enter those details again.

2. If the more details button in Frame 2 is pressed, would the product display in that frame? (Its pretty small). If it opens in a new window you'll need to be careful about the user clicking Add To Cart from the new window.

It will open in new window

3. Is there a header or footer that allows a user to navigate to other sections of the control panel?

Header and footer can be given, but it would take a lot of space, so i am planning this to take up the full screen for easy of use.

Regards,
Sawan

Sawan S Ruparel
sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2006 at 6:25am

Do you think this can be helpful?

Sawan S Ruparel
netprofits View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netprofits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2006 at 7:18am

Its looks like it would be helpful to some merchants if they do high volume of call center orders. We don't have anyone who has ever asked for something like this.

NetProfits Internet Consulting

Certified ProductCart Developer

Our Site
sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-September-2006 at 7:24am

Ok. Few of my clients did wanted this because they wanted a quick ordering system when someone called, so i thought it would be useful.

Regards,

Sawan

Sawan S Ruparel
lelady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2006 at 4:11pm

I would have a use for this :)

sawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2006 at 3:19am

Sure, you should get it up and running in a few days, am solving some minor bugs.

Sawan S Ruparel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic