ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

contact us page fails to work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: contact us page fails to work
    Posted: 09-November-2011 at 4:11pm
if you try to use the default form on the contact.asp page it fails to go to my mail web server inbox ...
how do I trouble shoot this?
FYI: I am using Greybeard Hosting services.
I added the option below:
You can email us directly at;
info@bettiesfashions.com
at the top area of the main content so people don't have to fill out a form if they don't want to.
here is my contact us page:
http://www.bettiesfashions.com/store/pc/contact.asp
Thanks for any help with this issue Thumbs Up
#############
Best Regards,
Tony States :)
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2011 at 5:06pm
Hi Tony,
    If you have checked your email settings are working in the backend of the store then this should work. BUT it may well be that if your testing by sending to an email at the same domain that may be being blocked. Greybeard are a very knowledgable host & will likely be able to resolve this very quickly.

By the way,I recommend NOT coding an href with your email address in the clear. Spam bots will no doubt harvest it & add to the torrent of spam.  Try obfuscating it ( See http://www.fingerlakesbmw.org/main/flobfuscate.php    -an unlikely website for this type of thing, but it works very well) The page there will proide a link that looks the same and functions the same, but is encoded in such a way that spam bots don't recognize it as an email address.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2011 at 5:09pm
Oops - of course you should get the emails from the contact us page at the same domain...
Check the email settings under "settings" in the admin pages, then refer to Greybeard if that works but "contact us" does not.
Tony View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-November-2011 at 5:30pm
wow thanks for the info about obfuscating my email address what a great trick :-)
I will wait to hear back from Greg @ Greybeard... he is out of the office today and I thought I would post this here to learn some things and I did indeed :-)
Thanks for the info Hamish Thumbs Up

Question for you Hamish...
is this what my code should look like???
<td>
<div>
<h2 align="center">You can email us directly at;<br />&#105;&#110;&#102;&#111;&#64;&#98;&#101;&#116;&#116;&#105;&#101;&#115;&#102;&#97;&#115;&#104;&#105;&#111;&#110;&#115;&#46;&#99;&#111;&#109;<br />
Phone: (925) 123-4567<br />
Pleasanton CA. 94566</h2>
</div>
</td>

Edited by Tony - 09-November-2011 at 5:41pm
#############
Best Regards,
Tony States :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic