ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Small Miscellaneous Things

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Small Miscellaneous Things
    Posted: 14-February-2012 at 5:49am
Does anyone know how to do any of the following.

1. Stop from getting logged out of the admin panel (Solved)
2. Extend the default date range for "view all orders"
3. Remove the word "Included" from BTO items in admin panel (Solved)
4. Edit order confirmation emails (Partially Solved)
5. Make phone number required field on billing and shipping addresses (Partially Solved)
6. Make the comment box in 4.5 open by default so you don't have to click on it

I know 1 is easy, but cannot find where to change this setting. Tried to put a
Session.Timeout = X in the adminheader.asp, but it didn't seem to work. I have done 2 before but cannot remember what file to change.

For 3, I have removed the word "Included" next to default BTO items in emails and the cart page by editing language.asp but cannot figure out how to remove it when viewing orders in the admin panel.

4. I removed the SKU from new order emails, but how can I make the area with the category name and BTO name wider so it doesn't line break on long bto names?

5. I figured out how to make the billing phone required, but how do I make the shipping phone number a required field?

6. No Idea

Edited by Ludwig - 15-February-2012 at 4:27pm
Ludwig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-February-2012 at 9:39pm
When you update an order there is a message with a typo: "If you have note already done so, use the "Check Real-Time Rates" to obtain updated shipping rates, and then click on "Update Order" at the bottom of the page to save the changes to the database."

That should be NOT instead of note... does anyone know where to fix this? I looked in languagesCP.asp it's not there.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2012 at 12:05am
Hi Ludwig,

Here are a few things addressing your requests below:

Originally posted by Ludwig Ludwig wrote:

Does anyone know how to do any of the following.

1. Stop from getting logged out of the admin panel (Solved)
3. Remove the word "Included" from BTO items in admin panel (Solved)
4. Edit order confirmation emails (Partially Solved)
5. Make phone number required field on billing and shipping addresses (Partially Solved)

1. Stop from getting logged out of the admin panel

In resultsAdvancedAll.asp, find:
if request("dd")="1" then
dtFromDate=Date()-13
Replace the "-13" with the number of days you want to go back to on the report.

4. Edit order confirmation emails

5. Make phone number required field on billing and shipping addresses

I had notes on this but lost them. I'll have this sorted out again in the next day or two and just edit the wiki for instructions. There definitely is an inconsistency here in that it's require if one goes straight to register an account, or if admin adds/edits a customer record: the phone field is required in those places, and in the latter situation there's a problem.

Haven't had time to look at that one yet, but I agree that it would be the preferable default. It's been bothering me since 4.0, but I've just never had a moment it bothered me enough to go look into it.
Ludwig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2012 at 2:18am
Is there anyway to make the SEO friendly URLs end with .html instead of .htm?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2012 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Ludwig Ludwig wrote:

Is there anyway to make the SEO friendly URLs end with .html instead of .htm?

Hi Ludwig,

I don't really see what difference it makes, but you could do it by editing the following files in the /pc/ folder:

atc_instprd.asp
Affgenlinks.asp
tellafriend.asp
pcSeoLinks.asp
Ludwig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2012 at 7:23pm
I edited all of them and while the .html shows up in the url preview on links, when you click on a product page for instance... you just get.

Invalid Path Character

/store/pc/404b.asp, line 14

An invalid character was specified in the Path parameter for the MapPath method.

I also edited the 404.asp file which had a .htm in it but I got errors before and after editing 404 file.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2012 at 7:40pm
The real question is.... WHY? Changing it makes absolutely zero difference apart from damaging your existing seo ranking by changing it!

Ludwig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2012 at 7:50pm
SEO ranking won't be affected since this is the first time turning on SEO friendly URLs and I wanted to do it because .html is more common ending and it matches the rest of the html pages on the site.

Edited by Ludwig - 17-February-2012 at 8:01pm
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2012 at 8:31pm
D'oh! I can't believe I forgot to mention 404.asp -- the "input" side of it all.

I honestly don't see why this would be worth the effort, even with wanting to keep the extensions the same as with other pages. Honestly, though, who's really going to care?

On the generation side of it all, I believe the file list I mentioned should be complete. So, as long as everything on the link generation side uses .html and everything in 404.asp mirrors that, it should work.

The tricky part (or at least the part that would require experience) is with the trimming off the ".htm" parts of the process in 404.asp

For example:
' Trim Off .htm from Product ID 
If ((Mid(intProductId,Len(intProductId),1)="m") And _
(Mid(intProductId,Len(intProductId)-1,1)="t") And _
(Mid(intProductId,Len(intProductId)-2,1)="h") And _
(Mid(intProductId,Len(intProductId)-3,1)=".")) Then
intProductId = Left(intProductId,Len(intProductId)-4)
End If

Instances of this procedure would need to be changed like so:
' Trim Off .htm from Product ID
If ((Mid(intProductId,Len(intProductId),1)="l") And _
(Mid(intProductId,Len(intProductId)-1,1)="m") And _
(Mid(intProductId,Len(intProductId)-2,1)="t") And _
(Mid(intProductId,Len(intProductId)-3,1)="h") And _
(Mid(intProductId,Len(intProductId)-4,1)=".")) Then
intProductId = Left(intProductId,Len(intProductId)-5)
End If

Edited by Sean@WMS - 17-February-2012 at 8:31pm
Ludwig View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-February-2012 at 8:45pm
Thanks for all that, but maybe an even better way to do it... would it be possible to just put a "/" at the end of the url instead of .html or .htm? so it would be like: http://www.domain.com/store/pc/product-one-1p1/

It's about aesthetics, and it is quite important... SEO friendly urls are more than just about rankings, they also look nicer and cleaner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic