ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PayPal Advanced Does Not Work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CakeGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PayPal Advanced Does Not Work
    Posted: 25-July-2013 at 1:39pm
I'm not sure whether I'm the only PC 4.7 merchant trying to use PayPal Advanced, but since PayPal Advanced does not work and PC has not issued a fix, I guess I must be.

I purchased 4.7 from our host (authorized seller of PC) solely for the purpose of using PayPal Advanced (didn't need or want any other features).

Below are the two problems that prevent me (or probably anyone else) form using PP Advanced.

The two problems are:

Even when the "Require CSC" is set to Yes, the box to enter the code does not appear at checkout.

And the main problem is that when PP Advanced is activated and set to "authorize only", I cannot access the "Batch Process Orders" page to process orders.

Since I purchased the update through the reseller, he is my support source and PC supports him. He has contacted PC about the problems, but PC has not provided a fix--in over a month's time.

Please help.
CakeGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CakeGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2013 at 1:42pm
When I click on the "Batch Process Orders" link, the circle just spins, but the page never appears.
lelady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2013 at 9:16pm
I wish my post was to help you. 

I just wanted to say I'm happy you posted about this, because I was about to purchase the upgrade from 4.5 to 4.7, like you, specifically to use Paypal Advanced. Please let us know the outcome...I've decided to hold off on the upgrade.

ProductCart View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

ProductCart Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProductCart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2013 at 9:57am
We currently have a developer working to resolve this issue.  We will post back here when this has been completed.

Best Regards,
NetSource Commerce
The ProductCart Team

Home of ProductCart shopping cart software
lelady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2013 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by earlyimp earlyimp wrote:

We currently have a developer working to resolve this issue.  We will post back here when this has been completed.

Best Regards,
NetSource Commerce

Thank you.
CakeGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CakeGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2013 at 8:00am
So happy to hear that!
CakeGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CakeGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2013 at 8:59am
While the developer is working on this, maybe you can answer this question. When PayPal Advanced is set to "authorize only," will the card number be stored in the productcart database or is it stored on PayPal for later capture? I'm trying to find out the pci compliance level for using PayPal Advanced on "authorize only."
CakeGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CakeGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2013 at 9:11am
When is the fix expected from the developer? 

I purchased 4.7 solely for this much-promoted feature and paid my host to do the upgrade--and so far the expense has been wasted since I did not want or need any of the other features.

I'm just trying to get an idea of how much longer the wait will be (after waiting since last October for the release of 4.7, when I first read of PayPal Advanced being included).
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-August-2013 at 3:52am
Hi CakeGal,
    As far as I'm aware the only time credit card details would be held in the database would be when offline transactions are carried out. All payment gateways would take responsibility for storing the card information.  
CakeGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CakeGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-August-2013 at 9:39am
Hi, Hamish, 

Under the "Orders" menu, if you click on "Purge Credit Card Numbers," in addition to "Offline credit card processing," a list of 6 gateways areshown as saving the card information in the database when in "Authorize Only" mode.

I just want to confirm whether PayPal Payments Advanced saves the card info in the database when in "Authorize Only" mode also?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic