ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Customizing ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Updating the savings with options

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Updating the savings with options
    Posted: 27-June-2008 at 11:25am
When a product is a specific price for example $123.00 and the list price is $345.00, you can have PC show the savings line of a total $222.00 (see screen shot 1)

However when I have options with this product, and you select an option where it adds $11.00 to the price, the savings line is not updating.
Example: Price $123.00 + option $11.00 = $134.00
The list price remains $345.00
So calculating $345.00 - $134.00 = $211.00, yet is still shows $222.00 (see screen shot 2)

Is there an easy way to have this updated as well?

SC1 (Screenshot 1)

SC2 (Screenshot 2)
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 12:36pm
Hi WorldOfRugs,
    This behaviour is correct as far as I can see.
They have added an option costing $11 so the price has adjusted by $11.
The saving hasn't changed at all as the reduction in price is still the same.

By the way, I think BTO would suit your useage of PC better for this scenario as I expect the different size rugs are really different products with different SKU's - which BTO would handle very nicely. Actually I guess the apparel add-on may suit even better as I guess the analogy to clothes sizes is pretty good.

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 12:44pm
I haven't used the apparel add-on, but I just took a quick look at the info about it and I think it's a great match for your site.  I can't tell from the screenshots if your using it already, but if not then it's well worth a look.

If you compare selling a rug to selling, say, shirts then there are many similarities :-
- Come in a range of sizes and possibly colors.
- Each variation can have it's own stock level & SKU.
- Each color variation can have it's own picture.

Take a look at :
www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/apparel-addon-sell.asp

Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 12:52pm
Hi, Just to clarify the maths.
List Price + Option = 345 + 11 = $356
Discount = $222
Total - Discount = 356 - 222 = $134
worldofrugs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 12:52pm
Thanks for your reply Hamish,
I can see your point with that the reduction remains the same and therefore the savings line does not change...
So let me rephrase this question: How to have the reduction automatically adjust to the option selected? Wink

I really would like to show the user what they will save from the total price...

About the add-ons for PC:
I have indeed the apparel add-on with it. (Great you thought of that!)
It works indeed great with sizes, colors, shapes, etc., that can be options for our rugs.
Perfect thing in PC is, that for out furniture section we do not have to use it...
Very satisfied with PC so far! Thumbs%20Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 12:55pm
P.s.:
Look in the admin section: you can set the online price, List price and check mark Show Savings.. This automatically calculates the savings in PC  (without modifications)

Edited by worldofrugs - 27-June-2008 at 12:55pm
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 12:56pm
Hi - We posted at the same time :-)

The saving remains the same, they have added an option costing eleven dollars and they will pay you eleven dollars more, so the saving does not change at all.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worldofrugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 12:58pm
LOL!

I see your point Hamish!  Makes sense!
Thanks for clearing my head Geek
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 1:02pm
I think what's causing the confusion is the line reading "Price:"
This is really the "Price including Options".
The "List  Price" and "Savings"  are of the base product.  I can see it gives the incorrect, but it is just a matter of the wording of "Price". The maths is fine.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2008 at 1:03pm
No problem. Smile.   It's easy to get your head in a spin after looking at this stuff too long :-)   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic