ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FedEx Shipping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FedEx Shipping
    Posted: 08-September-2008 at 6:52pm

We have FedEx shipping enabled...but as customers go to checkout, an error message comes up:

"No shipping rates were returned for your order. The shipping provider's server may be unavailable at this time. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, please contact the store administrator."

I have the height, width and length specified...and turned on the FedEx services that we require...just don't understand why the rates are not being returned.

Anyone else ran into this issue?

Thanks.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2008 at 8:35pm
leomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2008 at 9:48pm
I saw these...they are a joke.

We have had multiple customers complain about the error message...so it's not a zip code issue, nore is it a weight issue since it's every product and it's been happening for 2 weeks, so it is not temporary.

We just recently switched hosts, and are still trying to get up and running...could this be related to our move?

Thanks.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2008 at 9:59pm
Hi, I guess these are issues that others have had, hence the FAQ. As you have a different issue and it's impacting business it's worth raising a support ticket with Early Impact. Have you done so?   
leomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2008 at 10:01pm

They won't support us, since our cart was purchased through one of their resellers...and we've not have had a positive experience with the reseller, so we can't go there.

katharina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katharina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-September-2008 at 10:35pm
The people at EI are very nice, I would put in a ticket anyway. 
On another note, have you checked your FedEx setup for your FedEx account number.  I think it will not return a rate unless that is done correctly.  Perhaps a typo in the account number?  I'm just guessing, but you did say that you have moved your site.
Katharina
Matt View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2008 at 1:33am
Hi leomis, here are some quick things to try. Changing hosts may impact ProductCart's ability to contact FedEx.  Check the control panel troubleshooting page and make sure you are using XML Parser v3.  In your shipping settings you may also select the option to allow checkout when no rates are returned.  That is a temporary solution and will allow you to take the orders.  Double check your store's shipping address is completely filled.  Ensure that you can obtain rates at the FedEx web site for the destination address.  Try checking all shipping options if you only have one or two active. 
leomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2008 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by katharina katharina wrote:

The people at EI are very nice, I would put in a ticket anyway. 
On another note, have you checked your FedEx setup for your FedEx account number.  I think it will not return a rate unless that is done correctly.  Perhaps a typo in the account number?  I'm just guessing, but you did say that you have moved your site.
Katharina

I don't see a place for an account number? where is that done? All is see is Shipping Options Summary ...then you Add the FedEx option...and you choose which specific FedEx service you want to offer. That's it.
leomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2008 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

Hi leomis, here are some quick things to try. Changing hosts may impact ProductCart's ability to contact FedEx.  Check the control panel troubleshooting page and make sure you are using XML Parser v3.  In your shipping settings you may also select the option to allow checkout when no rates are returned.  That is a temporary solution and will allow you to take the orders.  Double check your store's shipping address is completely filled.  Ensure that you can obtain rates at the FedEx web site for the destination address.  Try checking all shipping options if you only have one or two active. 

XML parser v3? we are using version v2 of the cart...
leomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-September-2008 at 6:25pm
ok found something new...

I tried removing and then adding the FedEx shipping again...and got an error...

"An error has occurred while activating your copy of ProductCart.

Please make sure that your "ProductCart/includes/" folder has "Modify" or "Delete" permissions."

Do I need to have my host give "Modify" permissions on the store/includes/ folder then try again?

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic