ProductCart E-Commerce Solutions Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > ProductCart > Using ProductCart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Update to 3.11 help needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STROSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update to 3.11 help needed
    Posted: 06-December-2008 at 12:21pm
Confused Uploaded update files for 3.11 - now can't login to control panel - what to do?
DRoss
Greg Dinger View Drop Down
Certified ProductCart Developers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2008 at 12:32pm
The first place to check is the permissions of the cplogs folder.  3.11 introduced control panel access logging, and it needs write permissions on that folder so the log entries will be recorded.
STROSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STROSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2008 at 12:52pm
I am a real beginner at this and I inherited the site.  Where do I find this folder - I'm looking on the hosting site under file permissions - all users have write permission and can't see a folder with that name.  ???What am I doing wrong?  and Thank you for your help!
DRoss
STROSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STROSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2008 at 12:58pm
Found the folder -  all users have write permissions - how do I know if the folder has it?
DRoss
Greg Dinger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Dinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2008 at 1:03pm
It depends upon what you have for a control panel.  The easiest solution may be to ask your web host.
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-December-2008 at 2:50pm
Hi Stross, 
      Raise a support ticket and we will take a look. It looks like we will need FTP access to investigate properly, so please include those details as well.
https://www.earlyimpact.com/productcart/support/support_form.asp

intour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote intour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2008 at 8:54am
I've had this problem before too when upgrading some of my sites to 3.11

Check that your version number has been updated correctly:

Productcart/includes/settings.asp

If it hasn't, manually change it and you should be able to login OK.

Nigel
Hamish View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-December-2008 at 9:02am
Hi Stross,
    Have you raised a support ticket and is the issue resolved? I see your site is active.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic